Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×

Need Parts For a 1972 Honda SL 100 Project!

Wow, sounds like you have my kind of luck. Hope you had success with fixing the leak. I have never done it, but a friend of mine has used a length of hardware type chain in gas tanks instead of loose screws or nuts to remove rust. The chain is easier to get out of the tank when done. Now using the dryer is thinking outside the box, that's pure genious. I don't know if I would have the guts to attempt that. Anyway, don't forget to post the finished pix.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I saw your completed SL100 on Randy Marbles web site. It looks awesome. :ride: Don't forget to post 'em here. :devil:

You busted me! :devil: I took a couple quick pictures in the garage that night with my old POS camera and sent them around at work and to a couple others that I had in my contacts list and Randy put me on his "Friends" page.

I want to take a few better ones outside in the daylight and get a ride video and walk around for you guys and really do it up right but it seems like there is always something going on. This week we played "Car Soccer" at the local county fair. The ball was a 1000 gallon LP tank with the end caps welded together. I guess it weighed 700 lbs! That little project took up quite a bit of time recently for about 2 minutes of fun!

So far I have a little over 100 miles on it with no issues! :ride: I haven't forgot about you guys! Please be patient. I promise it will be worth it!

Its cool to see others who are willing to bring one of these neat little bikes back to life. I aquired one a while back that was in pretty sad shape.

It had been under a tree for years without a spark plug. I've been slowly rebuilding it but went a different route from a pure restore.

Its not quite done, but its getting really close. Here are some pictures in case you are interested:

Honda100-1.jpg

Honda100-2.jpg

Honda100-3.jpg

That is a really cool little cafe racer! :) Have you had it running yet? Mine is no speed demon that's for sure. I weigh about 210 lbs and I can get it going 60 mph out on the highway but I don't feel comfortable doing it for long because the rpm its turning. Looks like yours will be much lighter than mine. It would be interesting to see how they compare. It should handle really well though. I don't even shift out of high gear when I take corners in town!

Good job though! Should be a really fun ride! :D

Just another quick update. I really appologize for leaving everyone hanging on this thread. Life has been busy lately! I promise I will wrap this up soon and you will not be disappointed! The little SL has 160 miles on it so far and has been running great!

Stay tuned!

I fired it up for the first time last weekend. I had trouble getting it to start then remembered reading in your post about spark advance springs being loose. Sure enough mine were. I tightened them up and was abel to set the timing accurately. then it fired up.

It ran well, but I discovered an oil leak. Its at the base of the cylinder, so I have to pull th e top end to fix it. But I hope to have it on the road on a couple of weeks if things go well. I'm a 200 pounder as well, so I'll be interested to see how fast I can go on this little one.

Thanks for the compliments. Looking forward to some pictures of your finished bike.

I fired it up for the first time last weekend. I had trouble getting it to start then remembered reading in your post about spark advance springs being loose. Sure enough mine were. I tightened them up and was abel to set the timing accurately. then it fired up.

It ran well, but I discovered an oil leak. Its at the base of the cylinder, so I have to pull th e top end to fix it. But I hope to have it on the road on a couple of weeks if things go well. I'm a 200 pounder as well, so I'll be interested to see how fast I can go on this little one.

Thanks for the compliments. Looking forward to some pictures of your finished bike.

Where at base on the cylinder ?.

Usely that pettey much ok they alway do that becuase of paper gasket material over time.

Robi,

Cool little cafe bike, I like it. Maybe it is because i used to have one but did your gas tank come off a CB400F?

Petey,

I know you are having fun on your SL. Heck of a job you have done. I'm afraid my SL100 won't do but 40-45mph with my 225lb

butt on it. I'm afraid it may be time for top end rebuild in it's future.

That look good and yes that is good scored on cool original 1972 sales brochure sweet

2manytoy - you got it, the Cafe racer tank did come from a 400F. It fits surprisingly well.

Petey383 - You SL looks better than new. Its cool to have a perfectly matching sales brochure too.

2manytoy - you got it, the Cafe racer tank did come from a 400F. It fits surprisingly well.

Petey383 - You SL looks better than new. Its cool to have a perfectly matching sales brochure too.

Yup that tank dose loook like it from CB400F

Thanks for all of the kind words on the bike guys! This whole project really makes me appreciate the work that others do. I can't believe how much time and $$$$ it took to get this done but it was worth it in the end!

This Thursday I hauled it to work and a few of us met at my brother-in-law's place and I rode it down to a local "bike night". That was pretty damn fun! There were hundreds of Harley's that were all decked out and I bet the little green machine got more looks then most of them. I can't believe when I'm riding it around how many people come up to you and want to talk about it. Seems like everyone must have had one of these things at some point in their life.

I still am planning on borrowing a Go Pro and doing a ride video so check back in every once in a while for that!

Oops, been out of pocket for a few days & Bam! Petey posted his pix. Awesome job! :thumbsup: The bike looks great sparkling in the sun. It looks better than the one in the Honda brochure. I know you are proud to show it off. I also have a couple of those brochures that I kept from back in the day. Honda made some cool brochures back then.

Hey guys,

I've been couped up in the house lately with a new baby so I figured I would dig through some of my left over restoration parts and liqudate them. I'm probably going to throw them on e-bay and see what happens, but I figured I would give you guys first shot at them.

I have:

• Decent shape working speedometer with 2XXX miles on it.
  • Brand new "marbles motors" $100 seat cover with a small tear in the rear (don't even ask!)
  • a bunch of new spokes
  • Misc bushings, bolts, hardware, isolators, grommets, springs
  • Old set of forks that I am rebuilding with new seals, dust seals, and fluid. The tubes are rust pitted a little but I think they will work just fine.
  • I have a couple partial set's of reproduction tank and side panel decals (another bad deal!)

I'm sure there is more so just ask if you need something. Let me know, otherwise be checking e-bay from time to time.