450 xcf exhaust

im picking up a new 2008 450 xcf next week. Ive heard the stock exhaust is great. Im looking for opinions on that.

Its going to be plated,lights, etc. only going to use it on the road for in between trails in Florida and Ga.

Can I get some opinions on the stock exhaust compared to the Q4?

I have the stock pipe with the pmb sparky attached. Its got plenty of power and passes my 96db sound test for races. Its not that loud. You won't be the loudest guy on the road. Nothing wrong with the stock exhause and the bike has a lot of power.

I've had my 08 450xcf for about three months now and I have a list of things I am getting for it. A pipe is not even on the list. It needs some other things first. Get a new exhaust last.

thanks for the help! Ill look into the sparky attach since Ill need one for the woods.

one thing I need to do is change the rear shock spring, the 6.9 isnt going to work for my 210lbs. wouldnt you agree? i had a 8.4, .44 set up on my 200XC

so, whats you list contain?

thanks for the help! Ill look into the sparky attach since Ill need one for the woods.

one thing I need to do is change the rear shock spring, the 6.9 isnt going to work for my 210lbs. wouldnt you agree? i had a 8.4, .44 set up on my 200XC

so, whats you list contain?

I'm 210lbs without gear. I have a 7.8 on the rear, straight rate. Its not bad... much, much better than the stock. I ride in the desert, like a firm suspension and prefer to be a bit higher in the stroke. This solved the problem with the rear spitting me off the bike when hitting stuff at speed. :yikes:

On the front, I think I have a set of .48

this is my first ktm, I am finding out that the suspension settings are more important on this bike. They are easy to adjust and I can feel the difference in the clickers, but the bike doesn't feel right if its not balanced.

Im thinking Im just going to pick the bike up Friday and head right over to Doug Harvey's and have him do the suspension again. He did my last and I will never ride again without the suspension done for me for my weight and riding style

also, where did you find the pmb sparky for the best price?

And for the 2008 450 xcf? the pro moto billet site doesnt have a number for the 450 xcf

I'm 210lbs without gear. I have a 7.8 on the rear, straight rate. Its not bad... much, much better than the stock. I ride in the desert, like a firm suspension and prefer to be a bit higher in the stroke. This solved the problem with the rear spitting me off the bike when hitting stuff at speed. :yikes:

On the front, I think I have a set of .48

this is my first ktm, I am finding out that the suspension settings are more important on this bike. They are easy to adjust and I can feel the difference in the clickers, but the bike doesn't feel right if its not balanced.

Im thinking Im just going to pick the bike up Friday and head right over to Doug Harvey's and have him do the suspension again. He did my last and I will never ride again without the suspension done for me for my weight and riding style

also, where did you find the pmb sparky for the best price?

And for the 2008 450 xcf? the pro moto billet site doesnt have a number for the 450 xcf

Having the suspension done is not a bad thing. after riding Yamaha's for years, i find the stock KTM suspension quite tolerable. Don't get me wrong, I'll get a revalve. But on a yamaha, the revalve would have been priority #1, on the xcf, its priority #7.

But... I ride desert and don't know what you ride.

mauricedorris, what is the part number for the sprky for the 450 xcf? i can only find it for the sxf and want to make sure it fits before ordering.

on the susp, either way I have to change the rear spring. The stock 6.9 is too soft for my 210(no gear) and I would never be able to set proper sag. Going to call Doug Harvey tomorrow.

He did my last bike and I swear the bike steared itself in corners lol

Having the suspension done is not a bad thing. after riding Yamaha's for years, i find the stock KTM suspension quite tolerable. Don't get me wrong, I'll get a revalve. But on a yamaha, the revalve would have been priority #1, on the xcf, its priority #7.

But... I ride desert and don't know what you ride.

The muffler on the 450 XCF is made by FMF in the first place the header is a nice TI part, I wouldnt change anything.

Agree on the muffler. That bike has a lot of power. Its good as it is. Just add the pmb sparky.

Now the header pipe... its needs two things, which are the most important thing this bike needs after a sprocket change. That pipe comes very close to your right leg. It WILL burn a hole in your pants if you wear loose clothing. You need to wrap that pipe or start wearing pants that tuck inside the boot.

Second, if you ride offroad, you need some sort of guard for that header pipe. Its sticks out there. If you lay the bike down it will lay right on that header. It will get dented. It needs a guard. It should have come with one.

thanks for the great tips!

Which wrap and guard did you buy?

Agree on the muffler. That bike has a lot of power. Its good as it is. Just add the pmb sparky.

Now the header pipe... its needs two things, which are the most important thing this bike needs after a sprocket change. That pipe comes very close to your right leg. It WILL burn a hole in your pants if you wear loose clothing. You need to wrap that pipe or start wearing pants that tuck inside the boot.

Second, if you ride offroad, you need some sort of guard for that header pipe. Its sticks out there. If you lay the bike down it will lay right on that header. It will get dented. It needs a guard. It should have come with one.

how are the heat shields to stop burning the pants? Ive never had a problem with my other ktm, 200xc and 250xcf-w.

http://www.cyclebuy.com/shopping/flatland/flatland_pipeguard.htm

And I just use a regular exhaust pipe wrap. But, its not very durable. I am just going to stop wearing my over the boot pants with the ktm. Its getting expensive.

how are the heat shields to stop burning the pants? Ive never had a problem with my other ktm, 200xc and 250xcf-w.

Heat Wrap

The heat shields don't help with the burning pants.

If it doesn't happen to you, then great. I only have a problem with my over the boot pants which have wide and somewhat loose material that makes contact with the pipe when sitting.

guess we'll see when I finally get to ride,

thanks for the help! sparky has been ordered!

Heat Wrap

The heat shields don't help with the burning pants.

If it doesn't happen to you, then great. I only have a problem with my over the boot pants which have wide and somewhat loose material that makes contact with the pipe when sitting.

the bike is BRAND new, yea!! So no reason to repack it. i found it as a left over model on the other coast. I already talked to Doug Harvey today. So im picking the bike up two hrs from my house then drive 1 hr north to Doug's and have him set the susp up for me. So one more week till I get my bike ?

Which sparky did you go with and will you repack at this time? I would give it serious thought since you'll have the can opened up for the sparky install.