Sign in to follow this  

crf150f exhaust

hello, i am new to the forum and i got a question. I bought a 2005 crf150f last year. It came with a full pro circuit type 496 system. I ride a lot around houses, and looking to get a stock pipe. This is what i am wondering. I have the titanium header and it is really nice, and it wont rust like the stock header, so will the stock exhaust fit on the pro circuit header?

I went with Dr. D as it was a complete system, (header and muffler), in my opinion it's quieter than the stock setup with the baffle removed. We also gave horses and it has not bothered them yet.

I would like to stick with the stock can, but would it bolt to the titanium header? Also the way the jetting is now, i think it is set for stock. Because when the bike is hot, and I accelerate, it pops, and jolts around. If i added the stock muffler back and kept the titanium header, would i need to re-jet?

I would like to stick with the stock can, but would it bolt to the titanium header? Also the way the jetting is now, i think it is set for stock. Because when the bike is hot, and I accelerate, it pops, and jolts around. If i added the stock muffler back and kept the titanium header, would i need to re-jet?

Yes a power up rejet should be mandatory along with opening up the air box

it wont mate up... the aftermarket header is going to have an outside diameter that will not mate up and let the stock can slip over it...

it wont mate up... the aftermarket header is going to have an outside diameter that will not mate up and let the stock can slip over it...

This doesn't make much sence to me... the slip-on muffler will work with the stock header... and the after market header. But the stock pipe won't work with the pro circuit header? Also, will i notice any power decrease from the type 496 to stock?

The header pipe is bigger than the stock pipe... Meaning the after market tail would be bigger than the stock muffler... Yes the stock pipe will go in a big hole... The after market one wont go in a smaller hole...

Yes, a power decrease...

Depending on your elevation and whether or not your jetting is right, you may have to rejet...

arnt the 150 and 230's the same when it comes to the exhaust? meaning header pipe diameter, bends etc?

If so, I might be interested in trading you my header and stock pipe off of my 07, their both in great shape. Bonus is, I am in Canada as well :thumbsup:

If they are the same fit though, I am not 100% on that. Shoot me a PM if it is doable and you are interested.

Hi thanks you guys for the help... I ended up keeping the Pro Circuit full system as the guy I was trading with backed out of the deal...

Northwoodslivin, For now i think i will keep the pipe and just weld an elbow joint to the exhaust tip (I know someone who did this to a t4 and it quieted it down A LOT without reducing hp). However if i do decide to trade, I will keep you in mind.

Also as I said before; I have been experiencing some popping and sort of a jolting lag when the bike is hot only in the higher gears when I rev it. It only does it when its hot and after i rev it for about 10 minutes continually, like riding a rough trail. It almost seems as though it is choking to get gas...

Does this sound to be a jetting issue?

Thanks for the replys:)

No problem, and please do keep me in mind :thumbsup:

Yes, sounds like a jetting issue, did you put bigger jets in the carb when that exhaust was put on? if not you will need too, I have a main and pilot that I took out of my 230 that would probably suit your 150 "102 main 42 pilot" If you are interested shoot me a PM.

Cheers

Yes, I'm not sure whats in the carb for jets... I don't even know if it was re-jetted when the pro circuit pipe was added...? That was done before I bought it and the popping was never enough to bother me.... but now I'm getting more used to the bike and am driving it a bit more aggressively, it is starting to bug me... I will get it checked out.

the popping is a lean condition. You could try turning out your fuel/air screw a bit to see if that helps?

If I we're you. Go shut your gas off, open the carb drain screw and collect the gas in a container then unscrew each carb boot till you can turn your carb out towards you, unscrew the screws for the carb bowl and then your two jets will be there, one in the middle is your main jet, and the one to the right is your pilot, there will be real small numbers on them. Reply back with what they are and we can go from there.

Sorry I have been extremely busy... I will try to get the carb apart this weekend... Then post the numbers

Thanks