Sign in to follow this  

2003 KX125 triple clamp bolts

I'm going to pick up a basket case KX125 tomorrow...in my Durango. Not sure if it's gonna fit completely assembled, so does anyone know the bolt type/size for the triple clamp pinch bolts? I assume the front master cylinder clamp is 8mm hex like just about every bike.

According to the microfiche, it's 8X35 flange bolts on top and 8X40 flange bolts on the bottom. You can go to any site that sells OEM parts and look up what you need on the microfiche.

According to the microfiche, it's 8X35 flange bolts on top and 8X40 flange bolts on the bottom. You can go to any site that sells OEM parts and look up what you need on the microfiche.

Not so sure that works. Just as a test I looked up the seat bolt for my 09 kx250f which I know to be 10mm. The fiche says 8x16. But thanks. I'm sure they're 10mm Hex which is pretty much standard, but I'll pack a few sizes just in case. :thumbsup:

They are either 10/12/14. I'm almost posative its a 10, but bring the other two just in case. I'd go check my 05 but its at a buddies..

Not so sure that works. Just as a test I looked up the seat bolt for my 09 kx250f which I know to be 10mm. The fiche says 8x16. But thanks. I'm sure they're 10mm Hex which is pretty much standard, but I'll pack a few sizes just in case. :thumbsup:

thats the threaded dimension, they will never give you the head style and size

thats the threaded dimension, they will never give you the head style and size

Yup, they were 10mm. I brought a full metric socket set, a screw driver and some metric allens. Didn't end up needing it at all cuz it fit right in :thumbsup:

Kinda disappointed. There are too many missing parts to make a resto worthwhile so I'm parting it out on the TT classifieds :thumbsup:

What type of stuff is it missing if you dont mind me asking? Theres a ton of people on here with stock parts kicking around..

What type of stuff is it missing if you dont mind me asking? Theres a ton of people on here with stock parts kicking around..

Alot more than I bargained for :thumbsup:

Cylinder/powervalve, head, exhaust and airbox are the major ones heh

Yikes. You can probably find a decent head and cylinder for around 250 bucks if your patient, exhaust people sell stock ones cheap all the time, and airbox im not so sure about. Good luck either way, i just got rid of my 250f and only have the 05 kx 125 left and I LOVE riding it.