Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Gear stores in Denver?

When I lived in California the one-stop-shop was Chaparral. The shops in Grand Junction, CO aren't very well stocked. Are there any big suppliers on the front range I should check out on my next trip down there from the Aspen area?

My feet are a little wide and I want to try on the SIDI Crossfire SR boots before I buy a pair. I need pants and some jerseys too. Wouldn't mind checking out the Husaberg FE 570 either!

For Sale: 2006 Honda VFR 800 Interceptor, gloss black, factory 3-pc hard bags, just went over 4000 miles last week. (Must sell to afford a new Husaberg)

For Sale: 2009 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS sport atv. Only 10 hrs on it. See add on Thumper Talk Classifieds

When I lived in California the one-stop-shop was Chaparral. The shops in Grand Junction, CO aren't very well stocked. Are there any big suppliers on the front range I should check out on my next trip down there from the Aspen area?

You won't find anything like Chaparral in the Denver metro area. You will have to hit all the major shops here and still may not find it all. Call a few in advance to see if they have what you're looking for.

You might try Performance Cycle on Broadway. It's as close to a one stop shop-except for the bikes-as you'll get.

Another +1 for Performance. Won't even bother tire shopping online, their prices are comparable to most online retailers once you factor in shipping/handling fees.

Yeah...the best accessory type shop around here is Performance Cycle on Broadway. They have alot of boots...don't know about your size.

As far as dealers, Fay Myers has quite a few boots. I suggest you call around and see who might have the model/size you want. Grand Prix Motorsports is another one (near C-470 & Santa Fe).

Some others I'm not so familar with: Vickery on Parker Road. Coyote Motorsports. RPM Motorsports. Excel Yamaha. I'm sure I'm not thinking of them all.

Did you check out Motorcycle Accessories in GJ? They have alot of stuff but probably nothing like Chapparal.

Dave

Coyote doesn't have much for equipment.... they've got a little closet upstairs, and that's about it. Never had much luck finding anything there.

Vickery's got more snowmobile gear than dirt gear.

performance has a good selection of stuff in stock, a ton of gear, helmets, boot, etc. I find their tire prices fair, but not really. I actually really like Let it Ride in Lakewood for tires & misc parts and he you can negoiate with the guys at Let it Ride.

Performance has an attitude problem, worse they wont even match their own on line pricing. Check it out, shop on their website and compare to their in store prices and then get the lecture from the owner about how motosport doesnt have employees blah blah blah.

Towelie, thanks for the heads-up about "Let it Ride", never have heard of the shop but will check them out next time in Denver. I've never checked Perf website with the store prices, but will keep that in mind next visit. I don't mind paying a little more for an item in hand, but don't want to be robbed either. :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Once this ridiculous weather knocks off I'll ride my VFR down to checkout Let-It-Ride and Performance Cycles. Will Let-It-Ride mount and balance a new front tire on my VFR when I buy one there, or is it just a store?

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Once this ridiculous weather knocks off I'll ride my VFR down to checkout Let-It-Ride and Performance Cycles. Will Let-It-Ride mount and balance a new front tire on my VFR when I buy one there, or is it just a store?

They are just a store, but there is a full service shop right next door that they work with for service and repairs...On a side note Dave Newell AKA "Super Smooth" is at Let It Ride and he is always willing to help out and very smart when it comes to anything dirtbike related.

My feet are a little wide and I want to try on the SIDI Crossfire SR boots before I buy a pair.

I bought Sidi Crossfires with SRS soles b/c they were the narrowest I could find. I wear size 47 (approx. size 12 in US shoe size) and the Crossfires fit me great. Just replaced the SRS soles this spring. Awesome boots and very comfortable. But if you have wide feet I'd strongly suggest trying them on before ordering/buying. Good luck.