Sign in to follow this  

2007 ktm 450 xc-w

ok i am posting this for a buddy of mine. He just purchased a 07 ktm 450 xc-w and wants to know if there is anything he can do to the stock silencer to make it louder without loosing power. is the a quite core in them from the factory. or anything he can remove just wants to have a little more bark only off road riding.:thumbsup:

Loud bikes are the main cause of No Trespassing signs. Tell your friend to keep it quiet.

not really unless it has the restricted endcap...there's packing around the outside, straight through perferated pipe and that turbine style internal SA.

my stocker is pretty quite at idle and lower rpm(passed<96db test at last race) but barks pretty gud when i get on it. :thumbsup:

i ride primarily at a +3500 acre private playground so i'm not gunna lecture you like Rob. :cheers:

if u want a deep thump u need an aftermarket race can.

:thumbsup:

He just purchased a 07 ktm 450 xc-w and wants to know if there is anything he can do to the stock silencer to make it louder without loosing power.

Buy a hearing aid so I don't need one.

The stock XC-W silencer is very efficient as is and already plenty loud enough in the stock configuration. The stock EXC silencer, on the other hand, is restricted and most people remove the restriction to make it like the XC-W exhaust.

I have a 400 XC-W and find it loud enough (be happier if it were quieter). Anyway, loud exhausts irritate landowners, campers, hikers, rangers, armed pot growers, and spook wildlife. Sure you should help him make it louder? Maybe convince him it is too loud and making it louder will not make him any more badass. :thumbsup:

Some people try to make their KTMs sound more like a Honda or Yamaha 4-stroke and I don't care what silencer you put on there, you won't be able to do it. There's something with the KTM motor design that gives them that unique KTM (not Yamaha or Honda) sound.