Sign in to follow this  

Just got challanged to a race by a gixxer 750 (what a loser)

So I was minding my own business driving home doing about 65 (speed limit) when this &%$#@! pulls up beside me on a gsxr 750. He is in jeans and a t shirt and so is the girl on the back. He starts nodding at me wanting to race. Iam sure he downshifted two or three times then hammers on it and pulls a small wheelie and takes off. " Yeah buddy your bike that has 130hp is faster than mine that has 35hp, good for you, Iam really impressed". Sometimes sportbike riders can be such losers. Funny thing is I still have my gsxr1000 in my garage and man I wish I had it, but I guess that would make me a loser as well. I can honestly say I have never done that in all my years riding sportbikes. There I feel better now.

No surprise. Beautiful day here in pa so went out on hike with the wife and the baby. I couldn't believe the number guys out banging gears on their sportbikes in jeans, tshirts and no helmet. Maybe Im uptight but I wouldn't consider throwing a leg over my bike without full gear. I guess the local sportbike crowd out my way has been taking tips from the harley guys.

That is idiotic indeed.

It is still stupid, but more fun and interesting when I out in my FZ1 and somebody pulls up alongside in a $80,000 car and wants to play. It sucks to be in an $80,000 car and get shut down by a $4,000 motorcycle :thumbsup:

There are some serious cars out there, but their advantage over my bike does not kick in until past 135 mph or so, and I shut off before then. A quick blitz to 115 or so usually suffices. I am such a squid :thumbsup:

I got challenged yesterday on the way home from work by a young guy around my age on a full sized harley wearing a Skid lid and T shirt. I had split the lane And he came up To the right of me and did the nod, I stooped and rolled on it and had him for about a 1/4 mile then let off, he came flying past on one wheel. Later that nIght I read the on line local news stating that a man about 25 was seriously injured on a bike described actactly as the one I stooped to. His lid flew off and he flew into a tree. I cringe When thoughs fair weather riders come out to play

That is idiotic indeed.

It is still stupid, but more fun and interesting when I out in my FZ1 and somebody pulls up alongside in a $80,000 car and wants to play. It sucks to be in an $80,000 car and get shut down by a $4,000 motorcycle :thumbsup:

There are some serious cars out there, but their advantage over my bike does not kick in until past 135 mph or so, and I shut off before then. A quick blitz to 115 or so usually suffices. I am such a squid :thumbsup:

Duke! Not another dude with a DRZ and an FZ1. :cheers: I am running one of your maps in my bike.

Duke! Not another dude with a DRZ and an FZ1. :thumbsup: I am running one of your maps in my bike.

And I'm yet another - a 2002 S, a 2006 SM and a 2002 FZ1

I got challenged yesterday on the way home from work by a young guy around my age on a full sized harley wearing a Skid lid and T shirt. I had split the lane And he came up To the right of me and did the nod, I stooped and rolled on it and had him for about a 1/4 mile then let off, he came flying past on one wheel. Later that nIght I read the on line local news stating that a man about 25 was seriously injured on a bike described actactly as the one I stooped to. His lid flew off and he flew into a tree. I cringe When thoughs fair weather riders come out to play

WHAT you expect us to believe that????? a harley flying by you on one wheel, what did one fall off???

• Like 1

yes iv owned multiple sports bike before and there just cheap speed... A part of me wants another sports bike just so i can crown myself the fastest guy around again but the father of my two year old Daughter in me says i should tone it down and stick with just dirt bikes for now... These Japanese sports bikes on the market you can buy for 5-6K and run circles around even the fastest of Super cars costing hundreds of thousands of dollars... Its not fair but its just pure physics... those bikes have the most amazing power to weight ratios...

The way I look at it when some 18 year old punk kid who has no riding skill pulls up to me is I know it doesnt cost much to go that fast, Ive been there done that, let them blow past you and just smile at them as they go by knowing in your heart your a better and more mature rider then they will ever be. My 13 year old cousin can ride a crotch rocket and pin the throttle in a straight line and reach speeds close to 200 MPH thats nothing to brag about :thumbsup:

This is always a favourite of mine... I was out on my 800GS yesterday and had some asshat in a minivan decide he was going to race me. I waited at the light when it turned green (gave him huge advantage) and still walked him with minimal effort. :thumbsup:

WHAT you expect us to believe that????? a harley flying by you on one wheel, what did one fall off???

Sure, scary thing is, it was the second time in as many days I witnessed a bagger banging out power wheelies. Come on now!, I live in California where half the riders are posers and douche bags that try and wheelie anything with wheels!!:thumbsup:

i really enjoy it when some overly aggressive idiot cuts people off, tailgates, etc. to get to the front of the pack. it is then so sweet to approach the guy at a red light four cars back and proceed to the front of the cars. lane splitting is sometimes way more effective than speed.

• Like 1

:thumbsup: I was thinking the same thing!

I have no respect for the squids riding around wearing fools gear. :thumbsup:

I won't even wave back at them when they ride past me. I know that may make me an ass as well, but I guess I've just gotten fed up with it over the years and it seems to be only getting worse where I live. I would rather wave at any Harley rider than a squid on a sport bike.

The gear and 'tude of these riders does irritate me, but what really drives me bonkers is how they ride around with one hand on the bars and the other on their thigh/hip, do they know how gay they look?? :thumbsup:

but what really drives me bonkers is how they ride around with one hand on the bars and the other on their thigh/hip, do they know how gay they look?? :thumbsup:

LOL :thumbsup:

That is idiotic indeed.

That is pretty funny. I don't think most peeps(cagers) realize that the slowest motorcycles are usually faster than most cars.....to pull that on a person riding a liter bike is just ignorant :thumbsup:

That is pretty funny. I don't think most peeps(cagers) realize that the slowest motorcycles are usually faster than most cars.....to pull that on a person riding a liter bike is just ignorant :thumbsup:

For that matter, from personal experience, I know most Porsche and BMW owners don't realize it.

Some of the funniest times have been when I've raced guys on my RD350LC and smoked them....hard...then they ask how many cc's is that thing, and when I say 350- they can't believe it.