Sign in to follow this  

Best Drink On Raceday????

Just curious what the best drink is for you on race day and when to consume it. I like to do 50% water and 50% powerade. Thinking about trying monster energy. Just curious what everyones opinions are

Water is best pre and a gatorade post race. If I do drink and energy drink I stick to the rockstar recovery. It's best to stay away from really high suger content drinks.

The best is probably just water or OJ, definitely not the energy drink crap.

Ive seen something called propel fitness? I think thats the name. But it has no sugar but has some vitamins and minerals and just a bit of salt. Perfect for raceday

Ive seen something called propel fitness? I think thats the name. But it has no sugar but has some vitamins and minerals and just a bit of salt. Perfect for raceday

Propel Fitness water. Good stuff. Straight water is fine but not in large quanities. Drink too much and you literally wash the electrolytes out of your body. I hydrate the day before with about 8 bottles of Propel with an added small salt packet from Burger King. During race I use Propel with about 2 McDonalds double salt packets per 64-72 oz Camel Back.

Is there some special difference between Burger King vs. McDonalds salt packets? Really..?..? :thumbsup:

Why of course, Burger King salt is made to have it your way, where Mickey D's employs half of all the electrolytes in your body.:thumbsup:

I also drink 1/2 water, 1/2 powerade. I like the Propels but they begin to taste syrupy as the day goes on. Rockstar recovery ain't bad, i don't think it helps much but it is a nice change of pace after a race. Also I really like the Vitamin water.

:thumbsup:

I second that! I ride best with a Beer in me! then 11 more when im done!

thats funney sh%%t right there

• Like 1

Is there some special difference between Burger King vs. McDonalds salt packets? Really..?..? :thumbsup:

In size of packet. The BK is a small envelope style packet with about 1/2 the salt of the McD. The McD is a double tubular style packet that you break open the top. It has a lot more salt so I use them when I fill my camel pak.

I also drink 1/2 water, 1/2 powerade. I like the Propels but they begin to taste syrupy as the day goes on. Rockstar recovery ain't bad, i don't think it helps much but it is a nice change of pace after a race. Also I really like the Vitamin water.

I usually drink Grape or Berry Propel when hydrating before an event. I use only Lemon flavored Propel in my camel Bak. Seems to refresh more and doesn't taste as sweet. Adding the salt helps too. I don't recommend adding salt except when racing or getting ready the day before. This was recommended to me by a Doctor friend when I was having trouble with cramps. He said I didn't realize how much salt I was using when racing.

I usually drink Grape or Berry Propel when hydrating before an event. I use only Lemon flavored Propel in my camel Bak. Seems to refresh more and doesn't taste as sweet. Adding the salt helps too. I don't recommend adding salt except when racing or getting ready the day before. This was recommended to me by a Doctor friend when I was having trouble with cramps. He said I didn't realize how much salt I was using when racing.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give adding salt a try. I had a friend that use to take salt tablets but I would much rather add it to my camelbak. Yeah lemon is my favorite and seem a little less sweet to me then the others. Also I only use blue or purple powerade, red seems a little stronger. I have started buying my own powerade mixing powder so I can control the flavor a little more.

I always see James Stewart drinking Red Bull, so I down that stuff like crazy 24/7.

Kidding, I drink BRAWNDO! It's got electrolytes!

Ok...really, I mix a couple packets of Emergen-C with some water and drink it with my big breakfast/before the ride/race. It's got a lot of B vitamins, no sugar, no bullsh*t additives.

Side note: lemonade + salt = Gatorade

Ive been a straight water guy for a while. I sip frequently all day between moto's but not to much. My local track had "free rockstar day" a while back. I decided to give it a try before my last moto, it was like an 8oz can? I felt like i was going to barf the whole moto... but i did win??? Anyway, i avoid energy drinks at all cost.