DR650 Jumping

I know this is kind of on the edge for this bike but has any one tried hitting some jumps with the DR650? I've hit a few low ones now and then but with the short travel suspension and the bike's weight, I've been kind of "jump-shy".

These videos have a a little jumping in them...Definitely a good watch.

i jump mine all the time and on every ride. Look at the pic of me jumping on my post. Don't recommend jumping with stock suspension though...

i jump mine all the time and on every ride. Look at the pic of me jumping on my post. Don't recommend jumping with stock suspension though...

My suspension is stock but I still jump it on the easy ones. Nothing like my dirt bikes though because the DR650 gives me too much of a pounding. What did you do to your suspension?

Race Tech Emulators and Gold Valve in the shock, stiffer fork springs. REALLY helps!

yeah Ive jumped mine a pretty good bit, Its also why I blew my fork seals. I wouldnt recommend going too big unless you modify your junk.

The jump is not bad at all, it's the landing that sucks on our big pig.

Here's me at Highland Park, Georgia.

DSC_1308-1.jpg

Flea

Race Tech Emulators and Gold Valve in the shock, stiffer fork springs. REALLY helps!

Did you also swap out the shock spring?

The jump is not bad at all, it's the landing that sucks on our big pig.

Here's me at Highland Park, Georgia.

DSC_1308-1.jpg

Flea

Hey Flea that's a nice place to ride.

I road my DR650 out there two weeks ago just for grins. I figured I'd come back another day with one of my other bikes since its a 2 hour ride home, I didn't want to chance riding the trails and breaking something on the pig. Bad thing is about 9 miles away while enroute a buddy of mine who was with me high sided his DRZ400 and broke his thumb (pavement) on a left turn. He hit neutral on a lean, started to stall, straightened her and bam hit the curb, over he went. Thank God for full armor otherwise he'd be much worse off.

Yep, great place to ride. I live in South Florida, so we don't have any hills to ride on, which is why 3 years ago we packed up the bikes and drove approx 9 hours to Highland Park. Spent 3 days riding with my 2 boys. First day was crazy since it had just stopped raining and it was more like ice skating on that wet Ga clay. Second and third day were great. It was during Spring Break, during the week, almost nobody there. I need to get up there again. Hope your friend feels better.

Flea

Nordieboy is that you riding? That looks like your having a ball!

It reminds me of the of twisted individuals I ride with. In fact the terrain is very similar to some of the places I ride. Nice jumps with the pig. I hate deep mud but my crew seems to some how have a magnetic attraction to it.

Very cool!

Nordieboy is that you riding? That looks like your having a ball!

Shit no!

They're mad idiots.

But they are hammering the 2 bikes I do own though. DR650 and TT350 :thumbsup:

Nice to see what they're capable of sometimes. Without getting hurt :thumbsup:

I love the sound of the DR's grunt on the vid. No whining. The thing I've noticed is you really got to get some speed to get this bike up in the air. Throttle snapping just won't cut it. It seems like those guys are having to do the same. The scary thing with that is the consequences of a bad landing. Like the guy hitting the tree in the mud hole. I only push it when its a straight shot and there's no trees anywhere near the landing area.