Mrd/SSW

Is a Mrd/SSW pipe the best pipe for a stock bike with or without the 3x3 mod. If not what would be the best pipe?

One of the best pipes period! With or with out mods

without the 3x3 no reason you need the mrd/ssw,get a slip on.. if the 3x3 is all your doing you'll need to rejet and mrd/ssw is then a good choice, however it is quite loud, so be sure of what your area laws are and what you can get away with, you will lose the stealth. another good pipe would be rs2(not qite as loud, fmf with powerbomb. From what i know i'm sure others will chime in.

without the 3x3 no reason you need the mrd/ssw,get a slip on.. if the 3x3 is all your doing you'll need to rejet and mrd/ssw is then a good choice, however it is quite loud, so be sure of what your area laws are and what you can get away with, you will lose the stealth. another good pipe would be rs2(not qite as loud, fmf with powerbomb. From what i know i'm sure others will chime in.

Un corked rs-2 is just as loud just has different tone. Just my .02

Best one !

My SSW/MRD will be here today and will be replacing my RS2 so I'll give you my honest opinion on sound and power right after the swap. Im going to hammer it, let it cool and swap exhausts, and then go hammer it again with and without the quiet insert.

slip ons are a waste of money.

MRD/SSW is the way to go. But it would be illogical to get a 400$+ high performance exhaust and not do a 3x3 along with proper rejet. You'll just end up with a loud, lean running bike with less HP than stock. and as eddie said, slip ons are a waste.... if you want the effect of a lip on just drill out bigger hole in your stock muffler.

I hate to see bad advice given without any kind of data to support thier opinion.

The MRD\SSW or Yosh Ti are going to be the 2 best performing pipes on your bike...regardless of your other mods. Anything else is going to be a cost vs performance compromise. Anybody who tells you otherwise just is not telling the truth.

If you dont want performance...then don't change the pipe. Otherwsie...why are you spending money at all?

:thumbsup:

MRD/SSW is the best peforming exhaust, and the best looking in my opinion.

I know MRD only does Stainless, but If I had a Titanium header with my MRD Muffler i would fall in love lol

P1010743.jpg

I hate to see bad advice given without any kind of data to support thier opinion.

The MRD\SSW or Yosh Ti are going to be the 2 best performing pipes on your bike...regardless of your other mods. Anything else is going to be a cost vs performance compromise. Anybody who tells you otherwise just is not telling the truth.

If you dont want performance...then don't change the pipe. Otherwsie...why are you spending money at all?

That's why I said "one of the best":thumbsup: