Sign in to follow this  

my alpinestars are about shot...help decide

ok well iv had alpinestar tech8s for around 5 years now...boots were well worth the money, but took a bit of break in time...and also felt really snug, until i got the booty broke in...im in the market for a new pair, and since the tech 8's treated me good...i have to keep them in the picture, but dont really want to go through the uncomfortable booty break in again...so im trying to decide between the gaerne sg10's n the tech 8's...id like to try the hinged ankle system...but i havent rode with a boot that has room to breathe in the foot region(booty types)...so i dont know how comfortable id feel in the sg10s...and how true to your foot size does gaerne run?i also do most of my riding in the woods, so need something to keep the water out for the most part...alpinestars do pretty good with that...but i did punch a hole in the side of the boot as soon as i got them with the peg...are sg10s more durable?

any input is greatly appreciated

i went from tech 10s to sidi .i love these boots and you can order just about every part that wears out on them.super comfortable and best buckles ive ever used.can resole them in 10 mins,if screws for soles are good,soles cost 20 dollars a pair.if screws are bad it takes 2 packs per boot at 20 dollars a pack.

yeah i was a little pissed to pay 80 dollars for screws but boots are good to go again.boots are 3 years old

ok well iv had alpinestar tech8s for around 5 years now...boots were well worth the money, but took a bit of break in time...and also felt really snug, until i got the booty broke in...im in the market for a new pair, and since the tech 8's treated me good...i have to keep them in the picture, but dont really want to go through the uncomfortable booty break in again...so im trying to decide between the gaerne sg10's n the tech 8's...id like to try the hinged ankle system...but i havent rode with a boot that has room to breathe in the foot region(booty types)...so i dont know how comfortable id feel in the sg10s...and how true to your foot size does gaerne run?i also do most of my riding in the woods, so need something to keep the water out for the most part...alpinestars do pretty good with that...but i did punch a hole in the side of the boot as soon as i got them with the peg...are sg10s more durable?any input is greatly appreciated

I'm a Harescramble racin kinda guy... Love my SG-10's. Take a look inside your sneakers and check what size your foot is in euro size... then go to the Gaerne web site and order your boots in that size. There's a loss in translation between here and Italy. If you order in their euro size you will be happy! You can't buy a better boot for the money than the SG-10!

thanks for the input...im not really for the tech 10s they dont look to woods friendly...look more like a mars boot...or a boot u would wear on the track..the sidi's are nice, but carry a tag of 500 bucks...i can get sg10s off ebay new 2011 models for 335 shipped to my door...is it worth the extra 100 and change?

sg-10's fit perfect by size, are comfortable right out of the box, and don't cost 4 or 5 hundred dollars......... you can't go wrong. i love mine.

if the sidis will outlast the sg10s a couple years, and are more comfy, id fork out the extra change...i do need numbers n bg's tho...

are the sg10's rebuildable btw?

i went from tech 10s to sidi .i love these boots and you can order just about every part that wears out on them.super comfortable and best buckles ive ever used.can resole them in 10 mins,if screws for soles are good,soles cost 20 dollars a pair.if screws are bad it takes 2 packs per boot at 20 dollars a pack.

yeah i was a little pissed to pay 80 dollars for screws but boots are good to go again.boots are 3 years old

i love my sidis wouldnt have anything else which ive had.:thumbsup:

I went from tech 8s to the Sg-10 about 3 months ago. I love my SG-10!!! They look and feel like they are made with better material and quality. Way better ankle support then my Alpines. Im sure the Sidi is a great boot too.

I'm about to make the SAME leap. Tech's to SG. Glad to hear that worked for someone.

well all i need to know now is how true to your footsize they really run...i wear a 10 1/2 or 11 shoe...my stars are 10s as i got them years ago...but they fit good...im debating on ordering 10's or 11's...it wud make since to order 11's...but i dont want them too big...n if i order 10's they may b cramped

What about Sg-10s vs. Tech 7 vs. Fox F3R? I have been trying to decide which boot to buy aswell.

well tech 8s are better than 7's....and i think im goin with the sg10's over the tech 8's...but i stick with brands that are known for making boots...which is not fox...im not on the fox bandwagon...may b good boots...just wouldnt send my dollar their way

you won't be sorry w/ the sg10, in my mx district, its the boot the majority wears, black color:smirk: we all like them, and they last for years, also repair parts are available but hardly needed.:thumbsup:......keep the tech moonboots for TV, where duribility doesn't count, they get new ones every month.

think im gona rock the whites :thumbsup:...but im tryin to find a dealer around here that would have a pair in stock, or any gaerne's period...so i can see if i need to order 10's or 11's...but not many shops around here carry the higher end boots...so i havent had any luck

think im gona rock the whites :thumbsup:...but im tryin to find a dealer around here that would have a pair in stock, or any gaerne's period...so i can see if i need to order 10's or 11's...but not many shops around here carry the higher end boots...so i havent had any luck

You could call Gaerne and ask them your sizing question

well tech 8s are better than 7's....and i think im goin with the sg10's over the tech 8's...but i stick with brands that are known for making boots...which is not fox...im not on the fox bandwagon...may b good boots...just wouldnt send my dollar their way

Yeah thats true. Thats the way I am, I just wasn't sure which one was really the better boot. And I am sure the Tech8's are better than 7s it was just a money thing. A little cheaper, but still a really good boot.