Sign in to follow this  

Husky 310 or ktm 350? Please help me

Hey guys I'm looking into buying a new bike. I currently ride a wr250f and I love it but I need a new bike and I was thinking of going for a ktm 350 sxf and modifying it a little for bush. Then I remembered the husky 310 And was wondering which would be better. I would rather go for a ktm but the husky is quite a bit cheaper, would this meen it is not as reliable or anything? Please help me decide which one I should get. thanks p.s. I actually like the look of the husky too.

Or maybe a ktm 250 exc 2 stroke, there is one for sale at my local dealer for a pretty good price and it looks great. How are they compared to the 300? Would they be a good trail bike? So bow it is out of a ktm 250 exc, a ktm 350 sxf or a husqvarna te 310? Please help, thanks

What kind of riding are you planing on doing? Mostly trail, then the 250 for sure IMO, if your mostly track then the 350 for sure. From what I've read about the 310, it's a decent bike in it's own right but there is no way it holds a candle to either of those KTM's.

i myself would prefer the sx-f 350 alot of my friends ride KTM's and the 350 is one of my favorite. it is great for track riding and narrow trails. i would deffiently go for the sx-f but save up buddy haha its almost 9 grand new

Dude I could pull that money out tomorrow if I wanted I got plenty saved up. I am going to be mostly trails and a little riding around home on our farm, the trail riding I do is about 70% open fast flowing trails and the other 30% is tighter goatie trails, I am thinking about going for the 250 2t now, thanks

Why not get a 2 stroke EXC? lighter, easy to ride, more power, and easier to start.

well no exp. with the 350, or the 310...watched reviews on the 310 earlier, decent looking bike, good quality parts, but im pretty sure it has a shorter wheel base...said it could be dificult to lift the front end in the air at some points...and it also out weighs the ktms i think...around 275? heavy...might as well step up n get the 4-5-0, with that 310 motor and the weight alone make it not so great in my book...the 350 would be sweet with a little tinkering...im sure those motors are monsters, i have a 250xc(2st) and i love it...but i came back to a 2st for a reason...i enjoy riding them more...if ur not a maint. kinda guy id go 2 stroke, cheaper to keep up...but id def stick with one of the orange ones

Yeah I love riding 2 strokes there just great, and i can't really find any 350's for a good price so I'll probably just get a 250 2t or even a 300 if I can find a good one thanks

well no exp. with the 350, or the 310...watched reviews on the 310 earlier, decent looking bike, good quality parts, but im pretty sure it has a shorter wheel base...said it could be dificult to lift the front end in the air at some points...and it also out weighs the ktms i think...around 275? heavy...might as well step up n get the 4-5-0, with that 310 motor and the weight alone make it not so great in my book.

Note that the current 310 is much lighter than the older 310 and much lighter than the Husky 449/450.

I think I have decided to go for a ktm 400 as one of the people I go riding with has one and it is awesome, they just have so much torque! It's not even funny, thanks for your help though

I would go for the 2011 Husky... oh wait I did :thumbsup: The husky is only 238lbs claimed weight which is 12lbs lighter than last years bike. I rode the 2010 TE310 and liked it but no enough to buy one. The 2011 was a different story, I ride technical trails and don't do high speed desert riding often. For woods and enduro riding I am loving the Husky.

I have 1 BMW/Husky dealer and 5 KTM dealers so it had nothing to do with availability just the right bike for me. Take a look at the new ones if you get a chance.

well no exp. with the 350, or the 310...watched reviews on the 310 earlier, decent looking bike, good quality parts, but im pretty sure it has a shorter wheel base...said it could be dificult to lift the front end in the air at some points...and it also out weighs the ktms i think...around 275? heavy...might as well step up n get the 4-5-0, with that 310 motor and the weight alone make it not so great in my book...the 350 would be sweet with a little tinkering...im sure those motors are monsters, i have a 250xc(2st) and i love it...but i came back to a 2st for a reason...i enjoy riding them more...if ur not a maint. kinda guy id go 2 stroke, cheaper to keep up...but id def stick with one of the orange ones

BOY....I can tell you've never rode a husky of any kind... bearly read about them... you really need to have some knowage of what your talking about...