Hatfeild / McCoys last week in May

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be in ashland for Mem Day weekend. We've got a mix of bikes and quads (utility). We're going to do some of the non-hatfield trails as well. If you've got no body to ride with let me know, I normally gotta pull some teeth to get some of the guys to follow me on the single tracks

We save the drinking for after the ride

I have one other rider for sure. We are staying in Gilbert , will be doing all the s/t there. Then probably do a day or two @ Buffalo Mtn. Supposed to be some new trails opened up on May 9th. Are you staying @ the KOA campground ? Maybe we can ride some s/t together.

Were staying in a cabin at the Ashland campground. I'm not sure if I'll get to Buffalo mountain this trip. I rode it last spring and had fun, in fact if I remember right there were some down right scary spots on the S/T!

Normally the first day I'll hit the Hatfield trails at pinnacle creek and Indian Ridge. then on stu sun do a bunch of the wagon-wheel trails (there are about 3-4 times as many trails there). we have at least two GPS units so we can explore.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the trip was a success, Ran into a few Bikes out there but not too many. I only rode about 5-10 miles of Hatfield trails , the rest were outlaw or unmarked north and south of RT52, the GPS worked great. 200 miles total, trashed my tires (mission accomplished I have a new set ready to go). I put the bike down about 5 or 6 times in some really slimy stuff, Hidden root in a mudhole sent me for a swim once.

Lots and Lots of downed trees on Friday on morning, a tornado came through on Thursday night, luckily I had a group of quads to help with the trailblazing!

Toy Tech where did you ride?

• 2 weeks later...

We rode Bear Wallow, Rockhouse & Buffalo Mtn. i like Buffalo Mtn best, lots of S/T that we hadnt seen before. Rockhouse is getting a little boring. Dont know if I will fool w it anymore. I do like the town of Gilbert though . 5 days of riding took its toll on me this time... sore wrists & back. Still a blast .