Question about the frame ground

Well.....On Staurday It was running a little weird all day, kinda like it didn't have any snap to it and was bogging real bad!!! We shut it off for a min while resting and she wouldn't start back up.... I took the tank of last night to check the spark plug and I noticed the ground cable that connects to the frame (under the gas tank) was not attached and there was no screw there for me to attach it so I've got to order one...I was just wondering if that could have been the problem...

It was for sure running bad this past weekend that's for sure!! And it didn't start that way so I'm guessing I lost the bolt sometime Saturday..... Thanks for the info. I'm gonna see if I can find a temp bolt to replace it until a new one comes in...

I'm thinking the same thing but don't wanna order one without looking at everything else first...I read another thread you and D-K were commenting on that sounded a lot like my problem and it was a cracked piston so I'm gonna give it a look this weekend and see.... A CDI would be cheaper but from what I've read, it's not so easy to troubleshoot...

Well it's easy to trouble shoot a cdi if you happen to have a spare..

I was working on a 2005kx the other day acted like a damn fuel problem.. rebuilt the carb and another issue came up.. Ended up taking my 07 cdi on to this bike and bam the bike ran like a champ..

Theres still an underlying issue with the bike causing it to eat cdi's [which I'm currently trying to figure out.. Gonna replace a few parts of the electical system hope that will solve it..

Well.....On Staurday It was running a little weird all day, kinda like it didn't have any snap to it and was bogging real bad!!! We shut it off for a min while resting and she wouldn't start back up.... I took the tank of last night to check the spark plug and I noticed the ground cable that connects to the frame (under the gas tank) was not attached and there was no screw there for me to attach it so I've got to order one...I was just wondering if that could have been the problem...

No mention of a missfire, just a bog and poor running performance. That does not sound electrical, sounds fuel related.

Drain the carb fuel in to a clear glass jar. Open the petcock and let a few ounces go into the jar, Any water?

Close the petcock, drain the carb completely and remove the cap. Inspect the inside bottom of the cap for debris.

Well do...Here's a detailed run down of what happened.......Started up and rode perfect...I switched up with my buddy and after about 5 min. he said it felt like it was losing power, like it will go but it won't go! We switched back and I could feel it, it lost the snap off the throttle that he had... Never had a problem starting and the problem would come and go, sometimes it would be back to normal and other times I felt the bog! I thought it was fuel related as well, seemed to happen after a 1/4 turn and seemed to "punch" once I got to 3/4 of a turn...So I'm thinking, needle!

Well....THEN we stopped to rest for a but, after it would not start and the compression was really low!!! It sounded like it was trying to fire, it just wouldn't!! We got towed back and managed to get it bump started about half way back to the truck....It died again when riding it up the ramp into the truck! (Thank God I didn't see it!!) Pulled the thank yesterday, that's when I noticed the ground was not connected and there was no bolt there. I can't remember if it's been that way since we put the motor in or not!!

Pr1malR8gw good news!!! I found a CID and wiring harness for the old motor!!!! ? Gonna try to hook it up when I get home from work!!

Yeah, Saturday it did feel like there was, however last night when I put the ground back on and I tried, it felt alright so who knows!!! I'm gonna try the CDI box tonight and if that doesn't work, then I guess I don't have a choice but to tear into the top end and take a look....

William1 & Pr1malR8gw, you guys ROCK!!!! Plugged in a different CDI (took all of 30 sec) and with 1 kick my baby fired right back up!!!! I am so thankful for you guys...I really did NOT want to tear into the head before it was time to!!!

Actually I don't have to buy one. I got my bike as a project back that basically had a blown motor...He gave me everything he had which included a wiring harness so I'm good to ride now!!! I'm just thankful for this forum, I never would have thought about checking the CDI out. And to think, I almost sold all that extra stuff...Glad I didn't!!! ?