Sign in to follow this  

150 sx what do you think?

hey guys, im looking at buying a 150 sx off a mate of mine,

it's a 2010 model, it had a new top end at 30 hours, (it has 50 hours on it)

i know these bikes are great, another one of my mates has one and i find its a blast,

allthough, the guy im buying it off rides hard, rings the piss out of it.

just wondering if you guys think this will effect it too much?

is it worth getting a bike off him if he has ridden it so hard?

i know he takes real good care of it. tranny oil every 5 hours or so, ect ect.

just a little hesitant to buy because i know he rides hard.

will it make a difference to the 2t?

cheers

Those bikes are made to be ridden hard. If it's well maintained, it can run many hours like that. It is due for a top-end any time, I bet.

Has it ever sucked dirt? Is he running good oils? Does he know how to operate the transmission smoothly? Does he abuse it, or just ride it hard?

A low hour bike owned by an old guy is probably a better bet, but not necessarily.

Those bikes are made to be ridden hard. If it's well maintained, it can run many hours like that. It is due for a top-end any time, I bet.

Has it ever sucked dirt? Is he running good oils? Does he know how to operate the transmission smoothly? Does he abuse it, or just ride it hard?

A low hour bike owned by an old guy is probably a better bet, but not necessarily.

Hey, I resemble that old guy remark;) I race an 08 144 and love it. To ride that bike right you gota wring it's neck. My son is on a 125 and he rides his bike the same way. Like others have said there is a big differences between neglected and ridden hard. We take very good care of our bikes, the are cleaned, oil changed, and filter cleaned after every use. Some say overkill but I want my bikes ready to race after every use. A top end sounds like a good start.

Joe.........

k thanks guys, how often do you reckon is healthy to change the top end?

i race enduro btw, woods stuff. so i wont be ringing it out like a motocrosser would

for MX, ideally at 10 hrs, 15 max

for enduro, 20-30 hrs max

the small bores make better power when fresh. Noticeable power losses occur at about 10hrs. Enduro requires bottom end power, this is where the biggest losses occur with tired top-ends.