Is there really that much of a difference between the 07 ad 08 YZ450F's?

I'm looking at buying at YZ450F and have read that the changes made in 08 make a very noticeable difference in the handling characteristics. Can any of you that have owned both confirm this? There's a plethora of YZ450F's for sale here locally. If I can find a real good deal on an 06 or 07 over an 08 or 09 it will leave me more $$ to spend on making to woods worthy.

Thanks!!

I have an 08 that is set up for woods racing..its a pretty decent bike but seems quite rigid. it definitely takes a lot of the edge off to run pro taper style bars. the bike does do well in the woods and feels light on a motocross track as well.

One thing on my 09 is that I had trouble trying to keep the rear end from sliding, today me and ym buddy set the sag andi took it out but it was muddy and it still sli a little but i can tell you im getting waaaay more traction than i was before.

I bought the 09. It has Dr D full exhaust, a Boysen quickshot, and a Zip Tye fuel screw. Otherwise it's stock. This thing is a monster. I think I'm going to put the stock exhaust back on!

Cool man!!!! Good choice!!!

I never had an 07, but I had an 06 and 08.

The 06 had much stronger bottom end, but handled terrible. The front end was always pushing (even after adjusting sag and fork height) and I felt like I was always fighting it in the ruts.

The 08 was much more mild (most likely due to the different ECU and short stock muffler) and handled a lot better than the 06, and flowed much better in corners.

Both bikes were completely stock.

If you are just a recreational trail rider, I think the 06 or 07 would be fine. But if you are racing MX I would go with the 08+