Sign in to follow this  

Minnesota Anybody ride a 2010 or 11 KTM 450SX-F in MN?

I've been fairly obsessed with this bike for the last few years but especially since they went to a 5 speed, changed the frame etc in 2010. Now, with a new bike in '11 I really am curious as to what these bikes are like. I never see them though and have never ridden one. I really want to but it seems like the only way to do so is to throw a fist full of $100's at the dealer - no thanks.

Any of you MN boys riding/racing/loving these bikes? Any problems? Any thing that stands out for better or worse vs. a Japanese bike? (besides the button)

How would you like the chance to compare your steed to a "pristine" '06 CRF450R? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've been fairly obsessed with this bike for the last few years but especially since they went to a 5 speed, changed the frame etc in 2010. Now, with a new bike in '11 I really am curious as to what these bikes are like. I never see them though and have never ridden one. I really want to but it seems like the only way to do so is to throw a fist full of $100's at the dealer - no thanks.

Any of you MN boys riding/racing/loving these bikes? Any problems? Any thing that stands out for better or worse vs. a Japanese bike? (besides the button)

How would you like the chance to compare your steed to a "pristine" '06 CRF450R? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You're not the only one thinking about one of those... :cheers:

Unless Yamaha makes a new YZ250 within 2 years, that will be my next bike.

I agree - it is hard to find a used KTM around here. I would love to find 09-10 300 xcw. None to be found. I can't justify spending $8k for a new one.

I saw a new KTM 350 woods rig in CO a few weeks back. I think a 350 would be about the right size for a woods diesel, should one take one in the noggin hard enough to think a diesel is a good idea that is.

You're not the only one thinking about one of those... :thumbsup:

Unless Yamaha makes a new YZ250 within 2 years, that will be my next bike.

If I had the CASH, that 250 2 stroke would be in my garage...

A punched out 250 (or the KTM 300...) would be ideal, I believe.