Sign in to follow this  

2008 F250 diesel no power...

Revs good...but no power...tranny fluid stick has some goo on it..fluid itself looks ok, not burnt...

Thoughts?

When's the last time you changed your fuel filter? Start with that. Then check your air filter too.

diesel right? yeah but clean your filters and check for spark or clogs anywhere in the engine

diesel right? yeah but clean your filters and check for spark or clogs anywhere in the engine

Spark?

I have been trying to gap my plugs for three years now.

:thumbsup:

Basic things you can do is check filters and oil pressure if you have a gauge. Without Ford Scanner there's not much else you can do. To view data while running and getting the trouble codes out is is necessary to use ford scanner.

check aftercooler hoses and change filters after that you need a code reader and some mechanical hard data <fuel pressure and boost pressure> 6.0's do have some issues with fuel pumps and egrs

Filters, egr, ficm, turbo. Or all of the above.

Check for a Ford emblem, that is a very common issue. (Sorry about the crack, hopefully it is something simple).

...??

hopefully you dont have a misfire :thumbsup:

blowing excess smoke? Well I guess more then when you had power?

too many possibilitys,take it to the dealer,it has a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty.

Is it not making power or is it a possibility the torque converter is slipping (if it's an auto)