xl600 what bhp?

hi guys and gals, can some of you tell me what BHP my xl600r should be producing with the following mods.....wiseco high comp piston, stage 3 webcam with kibblewhite valve springs, stage 2 dyno jet kit, cobra exhaust and uni air filter. whats my bhp? and what mods and bhp is your thumper making?:thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you want a real number the only thing to do is take it to a dyno. Now dyno's are better at measuring differences in engine setups than they are at accurately measuring the actual power, but it's sure better any answer you are going to get here.

+1 to that. Your HP will vary depending different factors such as what tires you use to do the dyno run on, jetting etc.

I'd say stock would measure around 25. A bike with a stock engine and a aftermarket silencer, jetting and air filter will run around 30. Bump the compression and change the cam? I'll guess around 35.

To get higher than that, you'ld have to make some big changes. Very high compression and aggressive cam, K&N filter (or no filter), Stainless header, 41mm FCR carb, etc. Run the dyno on street tires.

my 1988 xr600 dyno run was 37rwhp with a d606 tire so they say +20%=44.4 I would say the 37rwhp is right on the money for my xr. mods are fcr40mm, hotcam stage 1, uni filter and a super trap. you should be right around there. B

+

I'd say stock would measure around 25. A bike with a stock engine and a aftermarket silencer, jetting and air filter will run around 30. Bump the compression and change the cam? I'll guess around 35.

Well, The XL had the highest stock rating of all the RFVC engines at 43 hp. I think that number is a bit optimistic, but I would hope that the original poster is somewhere above that number with all the mods. Remember that the XL was more over square at 75mm strove and 100mm piston. That allowed for more revs and the dual carbs made for better breathing.

The early XL600s also came with significantly larger intake ports.

I have some questionable dyno plot from an XL600 with just a pipe and piston and it peaked at 40rwhp. That's ~46bhp assuming a street tire and 14% driveline loss.