Trailer Floor Sealer

I am looking for an inexpensive, clear, gas resistant, non-slip flooring product to seal my trailer floor. I don’t want to add weight either. We sleep inside, so the goal is to make the trailer easy to clean (dirt and oil/gas). I have searched floor sealer on TT, here is a summary of what I have found:

ITEM – pro/con

~BEDLINERS – durable/hard to clean, stuck with it, can’t replace

~EPOXY – durable/cracks

~PORCH AND FLOOR PAINT– easy and cheap/shows wear and tire scuffs fast

~GARAGE PAINT - easy and cheap/shows wear and tire scuffs fast

~LINOLIUM – easy to install and redo/slippery, not oil or puncture resistant

~12” TILES – easy to clean, resists oils/heavy, costly

~RUBBER FLOOR MATT – easy to redo/heavy, odor

~RACEDECK – looks great/expensive.

Has anyone used polyurethane, deck sealer or a marine type wood finish for sealing their trailer floor so it is gas resistant and not slippery?

What have been your experiences?

Any other options that fit the bill?

I know I am being picky and may be asking for the impossible, but if a product exists, someone on TT will know. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Floor mat option you might consider is G-Floor. I have it in my trailer and it's solvent/oil proof and when dirty just pull it out to wash in the driveway.

http://www.bltllc.com/g-floor_main.htm

You may want to take a look at FastDeck - http://www.elite-xpressions.com/fastdeck.htm#info

I will be using this on a trailer project I am currently building...so I don't have any experience with it...but, I did buy it already. :-)

Key thing for me is it has UV protection builtin.

Thanks...David

I am looking for an inexpensive, clear, gas resistant, non-slip flooring product to seal my trailer floor. I don’t want to add weight either. We sleep inside, so the goal is to make the trailer easy to clean (dirt and oil/gas). I have searched floor sealer on TT, here is a summary of what I have found:

ITEM – pro/con

~BEDLINERS – durable/hard to clean, stuck with it, can’t replace

~EPOXY – durable/cracks

~PORCH AND FLOOR PAINT– easy and cheap/shows wear and tire scuffs fast

~GARAGE PAINT - easy and cheap/shows wear and tire scuffs fast

~LINOLIUM – easy to install and redo/slippery, not oil or puncture resistant

~12” TILES – easy to clean, resists oils/heavy, costly

~RUBBER FLOOR MATT – easy to redo/heavy, odor

~RACEDECK – looks great/expensive.

Has anyone used polyurethane, deck sealer or a marine type wood finish for sealing their trailer floor so it is gas resistant and not slippery?

What have been your experiences?

Any other options that fit the bill?

I know I am being picky and may be asking for the impossible, but if a product exists, someone on TT will know. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

I can find pros and cons all everything,you will just have to weight them. I'd use a smoked gray color (brightens is up) rubberized coating thaty is gas an oil resistant, add a smidge of sand for grip. Not a lot of weight added this way.