Sign in to follow this  

Washington Save the trails!

signed and sent.

it sure would be nice to actually get some new land instead of just continually losing it.

thanks for the link

I am personally amazed how much new trail is going in these days. Bunch of new stuff in the Tillimook burn, new stuff in the Hood River / Mt Hood area and proposals for more, plans approved and trails being built in th Jones Creek Wa area, Bradley, Nicoli MT, etc. Am amzed all this is going on and :thumbsup::worthy::cheers: to the people making it happen. I do trail work in the HR forests and Gifford so I do help but these people are making chit happen :thumbsup:

- Done.

Edited by Ride

millican plateau is adding more trails on the north end also. Lot's of good stuff happening in the northwest. Our riders are really involved and passionate. Thanks everyone:thumbsup:

Everyone make sure you're checking back with your email to finalize the sending process. Mine got dropped in my junk mailbox.

Careful what you ask for. There could be unintended consequences. For years, designated Roadless Areas, such as the Dark Divide area in the Gifford Pinchot, have not been managed for timber production. I have always said, no need for Wilderness Designation, areas such as this will remain roadless virtually forever. If Congress directed the FS to put these lands back into timber production, it could spark a renewed interest in making it a Wilderness. Each situation is different and the FS is not going to start logging it anyway. The are lots of reasons why the area is roadless and will likely stay that way.

Careful what you ask for. There could be unintended consequences. For years, designated Roadless Areas, such as the Dark Divide area in the Gifford Pinchot, have not been managed for timber production. I have always said, no need for Wilderness Designation, areas such as this will remain roadless virtually forever. If Congress directed the FS to put these lands back into timber production, it could spark a renewed interest in making it a Wilderness. Each situation is different and the FS is not going to start logging it anyway. The are lots of reasons why the area is roadless and will likely stay that way.

Good insight from someone in the know. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Everyone make sure you're checking back with your email to finalize the sending process. Mine got dropped in my junk mailbox.

Thank you

Done

Could remove roadless special use designation and convert to multiple use whilst excluding timber sale I believe.