tell me about juniper???

Supposed to go camping/riding @ Juniper, over near tri-cities. Memorial day weekend.

Never been and don't see it on the map.

Anyone riddin there?

Anyone camped?

I have a truck camper, self contained

Where is it?

Google was no help...

Thanks

Luke

Edited by olyluke
wrong title...

PANTRA.ORG is a good place to start with some forums and directions.

You may be able to find it under Juniper Forest for directions or at Washington State BLM website.

We ride there all winter normally. Never ridden there anytime after beginning of April. The sand will be softer.

There is a lot of dry camping there. Park anywhere. It does get a little windy from time to time. I would find a low spot if it does get windy. The area for riding is about a 5X7 mile area. Have fun!

Juniper is a fun place to ride, lots of wide open area, and a few good size dunes; cool thing is that there aren't many rocks out there, so you can air down tires pretty safely. Sand will be soft in the warm part of the year, and I imagine it might be a little crowded in the parking/camping areas on a holiday weekend. Camping is "dry" camping; no restrooms and no water available on-site.

You need a flag and ORV tabs; last time I was there the county sherriff and the DNR guys were out there checking for flags and tabs and writing tickets all weekend long to violators, so make sure you have those and take your registration papers for the bikes with you (they will ask to see them in my experience).

I have been riding at Juniper for the better part of a decade...until they required flags I never ran one because I usually stay out of the dunes...we have had problems with access because of farmers and because of riders creating problems...not one side alone can be blamed...I have yet to be stopped and hassled by any police...but then again I have everything required and legal...flags with current stickers and such...I will never carry my registration or license with me like they want though...if they are that concerned they can follow me back to the pickup where all the registration for all of our bikes and my license will be and will stay...but hey Juniper is a blast just park off the road in any of the many parking spots and have a great weekend!?

-mt-

yes, flag required at both.

but even if it wasnt you would be a fool to not run one.

I've been riding motorcycles at the Moses Lake Dunes my entire life and have never run a flag, been told I need a flag, or ever been stopped and asked where my flag is (for motorcycles.) ATV's, jeeps, buggies, etc. do require them. I don't know that I've ever seen a motorcycle with a flag out there.

I've spent a fair amount of time at ML, it's pretty much the only area I ride. You'd have to have a pretty freak thing to run into another rider out there that a flag would prevent.

same here. i always knew jeeps and quads needed them, but I always liked not having to use one on my bike. ?