RM frames compatibility ??

A friend of mine have a stock '04 RM250.

He wants to know if a new alloy frame would fit easily ?

Thanks in advance for accurate info

A friend of mine have a stock '04 RM250.

He wants to know if a new alloy frame would fit easily ?

Thanks in advance for accurate info

I think there is a company who is taking the aluminum framed RMZ bikes and putting the RM250 motor in them.

The problem in my opinion is they are tall, and designed for a 4 stroke motor, to me it would not make sense.

I would rather have a chrome-moly frame like KTM, it is lighter than aluminum and does not BUZZZZ your fillings out.

No, it's not an easy fit. You need to know how to weld aluminum because the 2 strokes exhaust runs into the four strokes frame down tube. So the single down tube needs to be cut shorter and the engine cradle needs to be rebuilt.

So, there is no OEM 2 stroke aluminium frame manufactured by Zook ? Only for 4 stroke ?

No bolt in frame. What you see on the internet is modified frame and/or kits. Realy the Suzuki steel frame is good, just paint it silver :thumbsup:.

Fashion is the only reason to change, the RM handles perfectly well with a steel frame.

So, there is no OEM 2 stroke aluminium frame manufactured by Zook ? Only for 4 stroke ?

The chrome-moly frame is superior to the ultra rigid aluminum frame, I do not like the BUZZZZZ emitted from them.

I most likely will be switching over to KTM's next, since Suzuki will never build a 125/250 again the bikes/parts will eventually dry up.

My dream bike would be a 2 stroke RM like an enduro 200 from Suzuki bring back the PE line... :thumbsup:

I know that is not going to happen, so bike vendor change will happen, I even like the Husky's just not that many dealers. :thumbsup:

I most likely will be switching over to KTM's next, since Suzuki will never build a 125/250 again the bikes/parts will eventually dry up.:thumbsup:

Suzuki still make 125s and 250s they just dont import them.

Suzuki still make 125s and 250s they just dont import them.

They do not show up on the 'global suzuki' site?

What areas are they still selling them, I guess a tree hugger would chain themselves to a 2 stroke overseas before letting you import it...

:thumbsup:

They do not show up on the 'global suzuki' site?

What areas are they still selling them, I guess a tree hugger would chain themselves to a 2 stroke overseas before letting you import it...

:thumbsup:

http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/bikes/offroad/

you bl**dy kiwis get everything dont ya!!!!

The real bummer here is that the 2011 RM250 that's being sold over seas is nothing more than our old 2007 & 8 k8 model, it's even using the original 2008 graphics. Granted my '08 RM250 is a great bike, but I'm "in the market" for something new and once I sell my Can-Am I may end up putting a deposit down on a new KTM-300. At least KTM is actually selling AND updating their 2 stroke offerings.

I would buy a new RM250 even tho they have not changed, IF they would import them to America.

Suzuki sounds like they are having some financial problems, they have cut back on everything I am not sure if they will come back (from what I understand or been told)....

The 2011 bike lineup is not much, they have a new GSR750 offered in the EU however it is not being imported. Not a good sign...

I would buy a new RM250 even tho they have not changed, IF they would import them to America.

Suzuki sounds like they are having some financial problems, they have cut back on everything I am not sure if they will come back (from what I understand or been told)....

The 2011 bike lineup is not much, they have a new GSR750 offered in the EU however it is not being imported. Not a good sign...

Actually ALL of the OEM's have been cutting back for the past few years, not just Suzuki. Notice that they offer a full 2 stroke line up in the smaller UK market but for some reason they can't do it here in the US?? There's something fishy going on and it has nothing to do with Suzuki's product line or it's abilty to produce bikes. I personally think that the US Importer is playing games.