Sign in to follow this  

What Will Dealerships do on a 2010 250f leftover?

Hey guys, I think at the end of the summer I'm going to try and find a 2010 YZ250f leftover. What do you think the dealerships would do on one? I was thinking 5000, I had seen a few on Cycletrader for about that. What do you guys think?

That price should be doable if the dealership actually wants to move inventory. Esp. if the 2012 bikes are FI....

Okay, just making sure I wasn't dreaming or anything. :thumbsup:

But good point with the 2012's being FI, then they'll really want to move them. Actually they'll probably really want to move them when the 2012's come out anyways. Don't they usually start shipping them in September or so?

Okay, so I went to a Honda/Yamaha dealership today. Now, their prices confused me quite a bit. The 2011 YZ250F in white trim (which is 100 dollars more than blue) was priced at 6800. Now they had a 2010 CRF 250 which I'm also interested in priced at 7200? :thumbsup: And then the cheapest thing they had was an 07 CRF 250 for like 4750 or something like that. Are these guys just way over priced or am I dreaming to get a 2010 Honda or Yamaha 250f for like 5000?

I don't think 5k's going to touch it. If you can get 1K off list I think you'll be doing pretty well.

1k off list is close to dealer cost, 5K for a 2010 is around a grand under dealer cost. I doubt they'll pay you that much to take it off their hands that soon. Maybe if it's still setting there when the '13s come out..

Hate to break the news to all you guys who think that dealerships make a fortune on major unit sales but they don't. In most cases there is a $200-300 margin on all major units. Your dreaming if you think you can get a 2010 from a dealership out the door for 5000. Im a salesman at a yamaha kawasaki dealership in southern illinois.

Hate to break the news to all you guys who think that dealerships make a fortune on major unit sales but they don't. In most cases there is a $200-300 margin on all major units. Your dreaming if you think you can get a 2010 from a dealership out the door for 5000. Im a salesman at a yamaha kawasaki dealership in southern illinois.

I got an 09 ktm 200 for $5500 out the door in february of 2010, im pretty sure there msrp is 7k or more.

1k off list is close to dealer cost, 5K for a 2010 is around a grand under dealer cost. I doubt they'll pay you that much to take it off their hands that soon. Maybe if it's still setting there when the '13s come out..

My bad...When I said "List" I meant the price that he said the 2011 was going for, which was around $6800 so if he could get the 2010 for around $5800 he would be doing pretty well even when the 13's come out.

Pricing on the Jap bikes isn't really flexible. $200-$300 off is good on a bike that's a year old. Euro bikes have a little more flexability, but not much.

lake hill motors have a 2010 yz250f for 5050...they know how to sell bikes