Dirtbike Insurance in Alberta

Alberta

Who do you guys get your insurance from and houw much do you pay per year? I have just recieved 2 quotes for about $300 per year for PLPD. Last time i insured my bike i remember it being a hell of a lot cheaper. Any recommendations?

Who do you guys get your insurance from and houw much do you pay per year? I have just recieved 2 quotes for about $300 per year for PLPD. Last time i insured my bike i remember it being a hell of a lot cheaper. Any recommendations?

Deirdre Myers, Account Manager

dam@lanesinsurance.

Direct Line: (403) 539-9708

Thats who I use for my bikes, much cheaper then 300/year

thanks for the reply. I Gave them a call and still got quoted 318/yr. Apparently if you dont have an existing policy with another vehicle there are only a couple insurance companies that will insure a dirtbike. kinda lame if you ask me.

Just in case anyone else is looking, I just got my bike insured through State Farm for $205 per year for liability plus fire and theft. No class 6 required.

good call! i gotta try them out

i was quoted some CRAZY prices for insurance... stupid.. $600... BOO

FYI! for the followup from Brock_Landers... i also called some state farm agents..

i want just as basic of insurance as possible, mostly just so i can register the damn bike i just bought...

$60/yr

:thumbsup:

winning!

Thanks for the idea Brock! you rock buddy

Wow $60! Winning indeed! Glad I could help!

i dont think with $60 it comes with any coverage at all... basically it is just insured for nothing LOL but at least i will be able to register the damn thing...

if anybody else wants to enjoy my success,

it was Gord Maddison - State Farm Agent out of Calgary

Lady i dealt with was Faye Wilson

PH# (403)242-4450

im SO happy i dont have to spend $600 for nothing i need...

a simple 5 minute phone call, and then a few emails.. done and done! :thumbsup:

thanks again Brock

$255 Annually for fire theft, vandalism, 1 million liability and 250 deductible.

TIG Insurance

Another update from last years great insurance quest after 1 year of no claims my bike insurance went from $205 to $130 a year for the same liability plus fire and theft. And still no class 6 required. State farm ftw

I have all four of my bikes insured through Nordic (two dirt, two street) and it costs less than 1000 per year. Will have five with them in about a month when the ol' lady's XR is done. They have always treated me good so I stick with them even though I could probably save a few bucks a year with another company.

Don't require a Class 6 with Nordic either and they actually know the difference between a dirtbike, street bike and an ATV.

:thumbsup:

I am also with Nordic Insurance. $177 for basic pl pd. If I want theft goes up to about $560, anyone know where I can get theft included for less than this?

As stated above I use state farm. Last year I paid $205 a year for liability including theft and fire. This year it dropped to $130 a year. I ride a Suzuki RMX450z and I have no class 6. It's a sweet deal.

Edited by Brock_Landers

As stated above I use state farm. Last year I paid $205 a year for liability including theft and fire. This year it dropped to $130 a year. I ride a Suzuki RMX450z and I have no class 6. It's a sweet deal.

Do you have an up to date contact of the people you specifically deal with. There are many state farm agents in Edmonton, Red Deer and Calgary.

Jeff Cooke Insurance, the ladies name that I deal with is Heather Strecker

(403) 590-3427

Jeff Cooke Insurance, the ladies name that I deal with is Heather Strecker

(403) 590-3427

Thanks Brock. I have officially switched to Jeff Cooke! Saved me $400/year! Everyone else was quoting me $600/year.

I dealt with Allison over there.

Thanks Brock. I have officially switched to Jeff Cooke! Saved me $400/year! Everyone else was quoting me $600/year.

I dealt with Allison over there.

Right on man, glad to help!! :banghead::applause: :thumbsup:

i know...i know this topic dated back to the dinosaure... just thougt I would update for those who are google info on the topic.

2006 xcw250

2009 kx100

no claim in last 5 years

no ticket in last 2 years

Dreyton (my current broken for last 20 yrs, 2 vehciel policies, 2 house policies, a rec. prop policy,

xcw = $266

kx = $170

StateFarm

$120 each

CJ Campbell **** this is a winner because the service is there, and same insureance underwriter as Dreyton.

$137 each

long story short, just because you have been dealing with same people for 20 years, it dont mean $HI7... moving my policy to CJ Campbell on Monday...ask for Kelly.