Dirtbike Insurance in Alberta

Who do you guys get your insurance from and houw much do you pay per year? I have just recieved 2 quotes for about $300 per year for PLPD. Last time i insured my bike i remember it being a hell of a lot cheaper. Any recommendations?

Deirdre Myers, Account Manager

dam@lanesinsurance.

Direct Line: (403) 539-9708

Thats who I use for my bikes, much cheaper then 300/year

• 2 weeks later...

FYI! for the followup from Brock_Landers... i also called some state farm agents..

i want just as basic of insurance as possible, mostly just so i can register the damn bike i just bought...

$60/yr

?

winning!

Thanks for the idea Brock! you rock buddy

i dont think with $60 it comes with any coverage at all... basically it is just insured for nothing LOL but at least i will be able to register the damn thing...

if anybody else wants to enjoy my success,

it was Gord Maddison - State Farm Agent out of Calgary

Lady i dealt with was Faye Wilson

PH# (403)242-4450

im SO happy i dont have to spend $600 for nothing i need...

a simple 5 minute phone call, and then a few emails.. done and done! ?

thanks again Brock

• 10 months later...

I have all four of my bikes insured through Nordic (two dirt, two street) and it costs less than 1000 per year. Will have five with them in about a month when the ol' lady's XR is done. They have always treated me good so I stick with them even though I could probably save a few bucks a year with another company.

Don't require a Class 6 with Nordic either and they actually know the difference between a dirtbike, street bike and an ATV.

?

• 2 weeks later...

As stated above I use state farm. Last year I paid $205 a year for liability including theft and fire. This year it dropped to $130 a year. I ride a Suzuki RMX450z and I have no class 6. It's a sweet deal.

Do you have an up to date contact of the people you specifically deal with. There are many state farm agents in Edmonton, Red Deer and Calgary.

Jeff Cooke Insurance, the ladies name that I deal with is Heather Strecker

(403) 590-3427

Thanks Brock. I have officially switched to Jeff Cooke! Saved me $400/year! Everyone else was quoting me $600/year.

I dealt with Allison over there.

• 3 years later...

i know...i know this topic dated back to the dinosaure... just thougt I would update for those who are google info on the topic.

2006 xcw250

2009 kx100

no claim in last 5 years

no ticket in last 2 years

Dreyton (my current broken for last 20 yrs, 2 vehciel policies, 2 house policies, a rec. prop policy,

xcw = $266

kx = $170

StateFarm

$120 each

CJ Campbell **** this is a winner because the service is there, and same insureance underwriter as Dreyton.

$137 each

long story short, just because you have been dealing with same people for 20 years, it dont mean $HI7... moving my policy to CJ Campbell on Monday...ask for Kelly.

• 6 years later...

I know this is a necro-post but it comes up when searching on google for dirtbike insurance in Alberta. Thought I would share my first-time experience.

Called about 20 companies including my car insurance company. 95% of them wanted me to either have my street bike license or have a vehicle insured with them. Pretty much went like this each time:

"Sir you need at least 6 years of riding experience"

"No problem, been riding for 20 years"

"But you don't have a class 6"

"Dirtbikes don't need a class 6"

*Asks his supervisor if dirtbikes can be operated without a class 6*

"Sorry, its our policy"

I ended up calling Desjardins and they got me bare-bones insurance on my 05 CR250 for $80 per year! The guy I dealt with was Ali, he was awesome:

Ali Al-Majed

Goldthorpe Insurance & Financial Services, Inc.

10 – 217 Hawksbrow Dr. NW

Calgary, AB T3G 3K2

Bus 403.262.3276   Fax 403.262.3271

ali@jakeinsurance.ca

• Like 1

50cc bike ridden by 5 y/o kids required to have insurance.  You must have been talking to idiots.

We have dealt with Bow Valley Insurance for years on all our bikes and it has never been a problem.  The insurer is Wawanesa.