[[Template core/global/plugins/realFaviconGenerator does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Rode a 450 for the first time in six years...

Just thought I would share my recent (rare) four stroke experience...

Rode my friend's new 2011 CRF450, and all I can say is that four strokes have certainly changed over the past six years since I last rode one :shocked. I was pushing as hard as I could on my bike (2010 YZ250 with DEP pipe/PC silencer/suspension set up for me) and the bone stock CRF to see if I was faster on one. I was averaging four seconds a lap faster on the CRF, used way less energy and it wasn't even sprung/valved for my weight.

However, the fun factor was truly taken away on the 450. Even though I was quite a bit slower on my 250, I only ride for fun these days and the 450 cannot compare to my 250 when it comes to pure riding enjoyment. If I decided to start racing again, I would certainly switch to the 450.

Ride a 2011 CR500AF I rode one and it kills every 2011 450f Ive ridden in torque power and everything

And the YZ250 has not been updated in 6 years I rode a 2011 TM250 2 stroke with a 300 big bore kit and it had just as much power as the 2011 450f I rode

Thats because the boys in blue are all 4ts now. If they could get a big name to jump back on the 2smoker R&D would be out the yang

Thats because the boys in blue are all 4ts now. If they could get a big name to jump back on the 2smoker R&D would be out the yang

I know but still they could at least update there 2 stroke

when its time for maintenance which one wins? :thumbsup:

Agreed, however 450's do not require rebuilds for quite some time. I know guys that have run 150 hours on their 450's and all they did was change the oil. 250F's are a different story...

Agreed, however 450's do not require rebuilds for quite some time. I know guys that have run 150 hours on their 450's and all they did was change the oil. 250F's are a different story...

If I was going to have a modern 4t, a wr450 would be the ticket. Two of my buddies ride them, very solid bikes.

I prolly never will though. I just love 2 strokes too much. The engine is so simple to work on that I enjoy working on nearly as much as I enjoy riding it. Working on a 4t engine stresses me out.

Working on a 4t engine stresses me out.

Its all in what your used to. I have both and I feel more comfortable doing stuff to my 4 than the 2. Somehow always afraid of blowing up the 2 if I do something wrong.