Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Doh! Oil leaking from Magneto Cover. Need to replace

Same old story, shifter punched a nice hole in the stator cover. Discovered a small oil leak. I'm going to replace the stator cover. Looks like there's a gasket that needs to be replaced as well.

The parts I ordered are

11351-29F00 (Stator Cover)

11483-29F00 (Gasket)

Is there anything else that needs to be replaced while I'm at it?

Thanks,

I'll be getting case covers as well to prevent this mishap from happening again!

No that should do it. The stator side gasket is normally reusable but does not cost much. Read up on FAQ and do the Loctite fixes. You will need a primary side gasket for that. The "O" ring on the starter torque limiter clutch cover can be tricky, but is about $12 to replace so just be careful with it.

Might want to pick up some 6mm by 16L grade 12.9 socket head cap screws for the starter clutch. 6 pc. As part of the Loctite fix.

Same old story, shifter punched a nice hole in the stator cover. Discovered a small oil leak. I'm going to replace the stator cover. Looks like there's a gasket that needs to be replaced as well.

The parts I ordered are

11351-29F00 (Stator Cover)

11483-29F00 (Gasket)

Is there anything else that needs to be replaced while I'm at it?

Thanks,

I'll be getting case covers as well to prevent this mishap from happening again!

Do the loctite fixes! check the FAQ section if your not sure. I will be doing mine this week too :thumbsup: