AMA numbering..

Interested in racing District 17 hare scrambles but I'm unsure of the numbering and number assignment. Also the website says you numberplate must be black and yellow is this a neccesity or a recommendation. Thanks

Interested in racing District 17 hare scrambles but I'm unsure of the numbering and number assignment. Also the website says you numberplate must be black and yellow is this a neccesity or a recommendation. Thanks

you should look at the rules on the district 17 web site. it should tell you what color numbers and background for the class you are going to race in. my district 36 issued me my number and there rules page tells what colors to run

So they isue your number and you don't get to choose?

It varies from district to district. Here in Ohio for harescrambles, where they have bar code scanners, your number is whatever your barcode (about a 1" x 3" sticker that goes and the left side of your helmet) is at the first race of the year and you don't have to worry about putting numbers on your bike.

Thats pretty convenient

Thats pretty convenient

yea that is pretty nice. saves you money. my distrct issues you a number. you dont get to choose