anyone have any comments on baja bikes?

i have a old suzuki rm 250 its a 97 and im being offered a baja 250 bike looks clean but havent seen or heard it run i just want to know if its worth the trade my suzuki has been through hell and back but still runs i however feel it dont have too much life left in her. the guy told me that his baja feels more like a 200 cc and the only problems he has had is the carb and it was rebuilt? im unsure of the trade i havent heard very many good things about the china bikes or their 4 wheelers any input would be great thank you

i have a old suzuki rm 250 its a 97 and im being offered a baja 250 bike looks clean but havent seen or heard it run i just want to know if its worth the trade my suzuki has been through hell and back but still runs i however feel it dont have too much life left in her. the guy told me that his baja feels more like a 200 cc and the only problems he has had is the carb and it was rebuilt? im unsure of the trade i havent heard very many good things about the china bikes or their 4 wheelers any input would be great thank you

DO NOT MAKE THAT TRADE!! Not that the baja's are bad bikes, but the rm is worth a lot more than that baja - no matter how bad of shape the rm is in. My first bike was a baja dr125 that I bought from the local pep-boys for $900 brand new. It is heavy, underpowered, and good-ole-chinese quality. They are great bikes for putting around, but certainly not for any serious riding or anyone that is going to try to push the bike to its limits.

DO NOT MAKE THAT TRADE!! Not that the baja's are bad bikes, but the rm is worth a lot more than that baja - no matter how bad of shape the rm is in. My first bike was a baja dr125 that I bought from the local pep-boys for $900 brand new. It is heavy, underpowered, and good-ole-chinese quality. They are great bikes for putting around, but certainly not for any serious riding or anyone that is going to try to push the bike to its limits.

x2, not worth it at all! Just rebuild the RM for a few Benjamins and call it a day.

ok thanks guys yeah i had the gut feeling that it would not be worth the trade im not sure about the china bikes but like i said i have never heard anything good about them! well i guess ill just keep that old RM till i can find another bike thank you ?