Help me decide which bike to use for MX

I've always been mainly into MX, but as they say "I ain't no spring chicken anymore" so I've been riding off-road more and more lately. Enough that I decided I'm sick of having my stiff MX suspension kicking the crap out of me on the trails. So I went out and picked up a second bike so I could have a dedicated MX bike and a dedicated trail bike.

I've got my trusty 2007 CRF450R as my MX bike now, but I just picked up a 2006 CRF450R for a nice deal.

Now, the problem is I can't decide which bike to use for MX and which one to use for off-road.

From what I can tell the 2007 makes a tiny bit more HP, but the power delivery is much smoother, and comparing them side by side, the 2006 does have a more aggressive feel to it.

So the question is, which is better for MX? The smoother power delivery of the 2007, or the harder hit of the 2006.

What say you?

P.S. yeah, I know I double posted this thread in the Off-Road Riding Technique forum and that is against TT rules....but as saying goes "ownership has it's privileges". :thumbsup:

id go with the 06 cause i like my bikes to hit harder.. but its all personal preference.

if it were me id choose the 06 and mod up the suspension and keep the 07 for off road

That's the way I've been leaning. As much as I love my 07, I've always wanted a bit more hit on the track.

Besides, I'm not exactly a small guy so a little extra bottem end grunt hitting a jump right out of the corner couldn't hurt.

It depends on your skill level. And what class you are racing in. If you are a beginner/novice level rider, go for the smoother hit and bring the 06 for a backup bike. And if you are a intermediate/pro level rider, use the 06 and bring the 07 as a back up. And if you want to make your 07 like your 06 just add on a pipe that gives it a different hit and more power and get it jetted

I've always been mainly into MX, but as they say "I ain't no spring chicken anymore" so I've been riding off-road more and more lately. Enough that I decided I'm sick of having my stiff MX suspension kicking the crap out of me on the trails. So I went out and picked up a second bike so I could have a dedicated MX bike and a dedicated trail bike.

I've got my trusty 2007 CRF450R as my MX bike now, but I just picked up a 2006 CRF450R for a nice deal.

Now, the problem is I can't decide which bike to use for MX and which one to use for off-road.

From what I can tell the 2007 makes a tiny bit more HP, but the power delivery is much smoother, and comparing them side by side, the 2006 does have a more aggressive feel to it.

So the question is, which is better for MX? The smoother power delivery of the 2007, or the harder hit of the 2006.

What say you?

P.S. yeah, I know I double posted this thread in the Off-Road Riding Technique forum and that is against TT rules....but as saying goes "ownership has it's privileges". :thumbsup:

I would use the smoother powered bike for the trail bike. But I think you should have a 250 for the trails.

id go the 06 for mx. i like the agressive power on a mx track. i bought a 2010 yz250f and its alot smoother than my old 2001 yz250f but i like the 2001 because its aggressive and hard hitting. the 07 would be good for off road as its smoother. you can find your self in some serious trouble in the bush with a mx bike so the smoother one is better for off road

I haven't gotten to ride an '07, but I couldn't ask for any better treatment than my '06 has given me on the track so far. Handling and power are perfect.