NEED HELP converting sm to be able to ride on gravel/ trails

hello all

im in urgent need of help. i took a job starting in less than a month where at least 3 km of gravel riding and possibly more in trails and or depending on where i live plus another 50k of paved highway and other.

my drz is a supermoto with stock tires and i dont want them getting chewed up so i need to either set up my bike with some gravel tires and possibly new wheels or get a whole new bike

i dont know anything much about dirtbiking or duelsport for being a sm rider so i need some help deciding what to do/what i need

money is no object im getting paid a shitload

theres a real nice dirt set up in the TT classifieds right now. or if you want to save money id consider a decent search for dualsport tires for the 17's you have now for the commute that you described id just spring for new tires rather then full dirt set up

If u do get new wheels I'd be interested in your sm wheels. Pm me if you want to sell em.

sorry they would be going back on in the fall

its a summer student job at a mine sight/small town

sorry they would be going back on in the fall

its a summer student job at a mine sight/small town

Take a lOok at the shinko 705. Good tire, cheap, long lasting. Probably wouldn't work well in sand but I say gravel no problem. There a great street tire as well. And no need to swap your sm wheels

Sounds like you'll be seeing more street than dirt. Unless you're really going to get into a lot of trail/offroad riding, a simple tire swap would do you more good than a set of dirt wheels.

Then again, if "money's no object" and you're interested in getting into trail riding, get a dirt wheel set and go nuts. I recently converted my SM for trail riding. You can check out the thread HERE.

There is nothing to change for 3km a day out of 50. Just avoid the mud.

I ride my SM in the dirt/gravel roads all the time and all I did was put Avon Distanzia's on it and it works fine :thumbsup: I even do track days and race on these tires :thumbsup:

These tires work great

motostrano_2156_44492131

i dont know anything much about dirtbiking or duelsport for being a sm rider

Say what? I have near slicks on mine and ride off-road all the time. Where is the fun without a "am I about to lose the front" type moment? :thumbsup:

Goldspeed%20supermoto%20tires.jpg

Keep her upright and no problems with grip!

Have a look at kenda 270's. Will most likely handle all you throw at it except lots of mud.

Somebody needs to tell my SM that it's not suited for dirt/gravel roads if this is the case. :thumbsup:

I ride single track in CO all the time on SM tires.

Road tires work fine on hard pack gravel and dirt. The best thing you can do is try your SM on some gravel roads right now to get the experience.

Somebody needs to tell my SM that it's not suited for dirt/gravel roads if this is the case. :thumbsup:

I ride single track in CO all the time on SM tires.

As do I :thumbsup: oh and stairs to :cheers: