Cut off my chain guard today

easily unbolted the 2 screws, then I hacksawed off the tabs. Then I hit up the welds with my 4.5" angle grinder with a flap disk, then cleaned it all up a bit by hand with some 120 grit then some 220 grit sandpaper. Total time was about an hour.

enjoy

-Dan

chainguardremoval.jpg

nice work , looks much better with out the tabs does'nt

I just can't seem to get myself to do it.

Looks the way it should though!

I'm loving the looks of it. :thumbsup:

i took mine off but left the tabs just in case.

Nice job :thumbsup:.... now clean your bike hehe :thumbsup:

i was thinkin on doing the same thing

Nice job :thumbsup:.... now clean your bike hehe :cheers:

I know It needs a good wash :thumbsup:

i did mine to drztoklx006.jpg

dang im gonna do mine too now, im tired of those things sticking up like some snaggly teeth. is there a clear coat of sorts on the swingarm? any issues with it pealing after its sanded through?

How are you guys getting your bikes inspected? That's one issue the my local inspection wouldn't budge on. So I just went with the zeta chain guard.

How are you guys getting your bikes inspected? That's one issue the my local inspection wouldn't budge on. So I just went with the zeta chain guard.

yeah I get the same thing at my inspector, but it does vary from inspector to inspector, for me this guy is the closest and easiest so chainguard stays on.

an e swingram comes w out the CG and tabs so for those considering this you could always get an e arm pretty cheap and swap it as needed, it will give you the opportunity to grease your swing arm bearings at the same time

No inspections here in WA :thumbsup:

California don't have inspections :thumbsup:

We do in VA, but I've never had trouble inspecting my E. Of course I do take my bike to the most hillbilly, rundown inspection shop I can find :thumbsup: Fortunately that shop is about 2 miles down the road from me.

27343b9f.jpg

Running with out a chain guard???? I hate to be a stick in the mud , but I can't see any benefit here....

That is unless you call having chain lube spread everywhere , a cool looking advantage..

Admittedly the stock guard does look boring..why not dress things up by adding a carbon fibre guard, instead of removal....:thumbsup:

P.S. Using an oil based lubricant with no guard is gunna get ugly.....:thumbsup:

Running with out a chain guard???? I hate to be a stick in the mud , but I can't see any benefit here....

That is unless you call having chain lube spread everywhere , a cool looking advantage..

Admittedly the stock guard does look boring..why not dress things up by adding a carbon fibre guard, instead of removal....:thumbsup:

P.S. Using an oil based lubricant with no guard is gunna get ugly.....:thumbsup:

I can't remember what chain lube I use, but I was flinging it all over the place, until I realized that I was doing it wrong. I would put it on cold before a ride. That would send it flying.

Now I ride around my neighborhood, just long enough to warm up the chain, put it on the stand, spray it on, and let it sit. Now, very little comes off.

Of course my bike isn't nearly as clean as yours, so it doesn't matter if I get a splatter here or there :cheers:

Steve

Try to lube your chain and check engine oil level after each ride...

That way, it's more ready for the next.....and of course, apply to the inside of the chain, especially for oil based lube...

easily unbolted the 2 screws, then I hacksawed off the tabs. Then I hit up the welds with my 4.5" angle grinder with a flap disk, then cleaned it all up a bit by hand with some 120 grit then some 220 grit sandpaper. Total time was about an hour.

enjoy

-Dan

chainguardremoval.jpg

If you like your pillion you should give them a briefing about the absence of your chain guard.....As shown in pic,the L/hand peg isn't too far off the chain area.....

If you like your pillion you should give them a briefing about the absence of your chain guard.....As shown in pic,the L/hand peg isn't too far off the chain area.....

Pillion? I thought you guys spoke English down there? :thumbsup: I even tried Google Translate and they came up empty. Bob's your uncle, mate.

ps- Do you ride with a fanny pack? :thumbsup: