Sign in to follow this  

What to use to install a seat cover?

I am doing some work on my 2002 KX125. I am now trying to install a new seat cover but ran into a problem. My staple gun, an Arrow T-50, will not fully seat the staples. 1/4" staples. Most of the time they are barely in the plastic and can be pulled out by hand.

What type of stapler should be used to install a seat cover?

Thanks

i purchased an electric staple gun from lowes. it sucked. did exactly what you described. so i picked up an heavy duty stanley model TR110. just a basic, manual staple gun. worked awesome. Not a single wrinkle or kink, looks like it came from the factory.:thumbsup:

DSCN0466.jpg

Don't know if you've done this before but what I've found is that it's not always the stapler. Make sure you put a lot of force down or the stapler seems to "jump". Basically putting the force of the gun up instead of into the plastic. I can always tell from the sound whether it went in or not.

Don't know if you've done this before but what I've found is that it's not always the stapler. Make sure you put a lot of force down or the stapler seems to "jump". Basically putting the force of the gun up instead of into the plastic. I can always tell from the sound whether it went in or not.

+1

Also, it helps a lot if you can heat up the seat pan and cover. Either in the dryer, or with a heat gun.