My B&B bashplate doesn't seem right

G'day folks,

I recently got me a DRZ400E, and am in the process of buying & adding the necessary goodies for weekend fun, and some desert tours of this great land DownUnder.

After fitting a new B&B bashplate, I reckon it's too close to the water-pump housing. Are all B&B's like this? There is the potential for rubbing of the housing IMO.

Any comments would be welcomed!

Cheers

Homesie

DSCF0351Large.jpg

If it's not actually touching it should be fine....

Thanks - the actual clearance is only 1mm or less which is why I was worried

I'd be worried too. Any impact on that is likely to push it into the water pump housing...which may not end well.

what's the clearance on the other side, maybe the hole location was off.

Heaps of clearance on the other side, but there isn't quite the same protruding housings that there is on the waterpump side. If someone has a B&B bashplate themselves I'd like to compare clearances before I contact the manufacturer and possibly make a goose of myself!

DSCF0352Large.jpg

i dont have a B&B bashplate , i would say that is too close to the water pump for my liking .

If its that close I'd contact the mfg'r..... are you sure you don't have adjustment to shift the plate over?

Take a crescent wrench, clamp down on that "wing" by the water pump, and give it a tweak. It'll pull away easily. And don't think that you have a bash plate. It's more of a gravel deflector. That aluminum will fold like a dishrag if you drag it across a rock ledge.

Take a crescent wrench, clamp down on that "wing" by the water pump, and give it a tweak. It'll pull away easily. And don't think that you have a bash plate. It's more of a gravel deflector. That aluminum will fold like a dishrag if you drag it across a rock ledge.

tweaking the brand new stuff doesnt seem like so much fun. but, i agree, thats what i would do.

and i also agree, that any significant impact with a rock will fold it back into the engine.

Yeah.. it shouldn't be that close...Maybe yours was made on a Friday late....:thumbsup:

Did you purchase the Bash plate from your local stealer?

If so , Take the whole bike in to show them and say you are not happy with the clearance and want one that fits correctly.....:thumbsup:

I have a B&B on mine and it has a good 8 to10mm of clearance.

I would say you have good reason to take it back and ask for a replacement.

Send your photo to B&B and see what they have to say.

Thanks - the bashplate was purchased online. I have sent a pic to B&B themselves, so I'll wait to see what their comment is!

Two thumbs up for B&B. They exchanged my bashplate for another, even though I hadn't bought it direct from them. They suspected it was very old stock from their supplier, but were happy to make it all right :thumbsup: