Sign in to follow this  

Great Head and Valve info

Hi,

Great info, thanks.

I have been thinking about having my x redone, the guy I bought it from said it has a lot of hours on it and soon it will be hot here.

I was looking at fastheads.com, Instead of the oem valves, they like some high tech new valve and seat material that will outlast and out perform the stock stuff.....but it's $780. ish, valves, springs, seats, guides and a small bit of porting.

I'm sure those machines cost a LOT of money and it looks like alot of work maybe its a good price.

Has anyone used those guys?

What is the "normal" price?

Thanks Dave

Hi,

Great info, thanks.

I have been thinking about having my x redone, the guy I bought it from said it has a lot of hours on it and soon it will be hot here.

I was looking at fastheads.com, Instead of the oem valves, they like some high tech new valve and seat material that will outlast and out perform the stock stuff.....but it's $780. ish, valves, springs, seats, guides and a small bit of porting.

I'm sure those machines cost a LOT of money and it looks like alot of work maybe its a good price.

Has anyone used those guys?

What is the "normal" price?

Thanks Dave

Having been down the CRF450 valve trail a few times I would say go with OEM steel exhausts and springs and a Kibblewhite SS intake valve and spring kit. I would have ASRacing do the work with Stage 3 porting and that's all the motor work you will need for the best performance and reliability. :thumbsup:

Fascinating stuff! I just love to watch someone like that, the knowledge they have is amazing. :thumbsup:

Tim

If you need headwork done (grinding, new seats, valves, etc) and don't have anyone locally, try out this guy.

http://www.geheads.com/

He doesn't have much flare for the internet, but certainly knows his way around a motor. I had him work on my 450R last year and will definitely use him when my X needs some love.