Sign in to follow this  

What do you guys do to train off the bike

Probably because im not a motorcross star, I never go to the gym. I personally think its boring. I go for mountain bike rides all the time- it helps your cardio, strength, and balance(riding on a bridge made of 2x4's requires balance...). Plus mountain biking is a blast! :thumbsup:

I usually try to got 2-3 times a week after school

That was awesome, Ryan knows his stuff. I started training MMA last year, I was bored with weights and grinding out cardio workouts. The MMA has really upped my cardio, improved my joint pain, improved flexibilty, and I've dropped almost 20 pounds. I really enjoy learning and drilling technique, and sparring regularly has pushed me to work on both technique, stratety, and cardio. I'm not a young guy, so I have to relax and be cautious how I spend my energy, nothing sucks worse than burning your tank with several rounds left.

I just wish I could ride more than I get to. My favorite riding area is an hour and a half away, with my schedule I'm doing good to ride once a week, half the season.

That was awesome, Ryan knows his stuff. I started training MMA last year, I was bored with weights and grinding out cardio workouts. The MMA has really upped my cardio, improved my joint pain, improved flexibilty, and I've dropped almost 20 pounds. I really enjoy learning and drilling technique, and sparring regularly has pushed me to work on both technique, stratety, and cardio. I'm not a young guy, so I have to relax and be cautious how I spend my energy, nothing sucks worse than burning your tank with several rounds left.

I just wish I could ride more than I get to. My favorite riding area is an hour and a half away, with my schedule I'm doing good to ride once a week, half the season.

Where do you do MMA? i've been looking to get into it some bit,

and as far as training, well, i'm young and have lots of energy :thumbsup: I play lacrosse for my high school, so that helps me out some, and i snowboard an bmx so i'm always doing stuff that in the end helps with riding somehow. Just stay active! :thumbsup:

Watch dirty movies and drink beer!

:thumbsup::cheers::bonk:

I think cycling, cardio, rowing/kayaking are good ways to train without a boring gym.

Or get a job that involves working your :thumbsup: off and get paid to train.

Edited by MTO
because I can

after the last ride i learned that i need to do lots of squats, my thighs were killing me after 3 hrs of singletrack!

Crossfit. This will kick your butt but you will be in soooo much better shape from it.

I'm trying to reach a happy medium where my skill level can augment my waning fitness. I just want to race my 4 motos then be able to put my feet up and have a few beers, without caring if it is making me gain weight.

I primarily ride my dirtjumper pedal bike; hit dirt tracks, ride it around the local moto track when I'm taking a break from the dozer or skidsteer, ride downhill singletrack, and do begginer street trials stuff. Working at my Technician job at a John Deere dealership usually gets me a decent workout, cause I am out and about all the time, picking stuff up, and spinning wrenches. I lift weights ever now and then, but its pretty rare.

i drink beer and jerk off.

Good carb building and cardio workout:. :thumbsup:

I primarily ride my dirtjumper pedal bike; hit dirt tracks, ride it around the local moto track when I'm taking a break from the dozer or skidsteer, ride downhill singletrack, and do begginer street trials stuff. Working at my Technician job at a John Deere dealership usually gets me a decent workout, cause I am out and about all the time, picking stuff up, and spinning wrenches. I lift weights ever now and then, but its pretty rare.

Biking is big for me. Working out feels too much like working on the farm.

Repeatedly smash my girlfriend vigorously from behind.

I do the same.......

...smash his girlfriend from behind......vigorously of course! Sorry bro, had to say it! :thumbsup:

I work at a gym, so I lift weights! Not so much cardio, too boring for me. Having some strength does help in precarious situations.

Two sessions a week with a personal trainer and five days of cardiovascular, usually running for 30 minutes.