Sign in to follow this  

Brake line burst.

Was already looking at braided brake lines but this will speed the process up I guess.

a18ca433.jpg

Front brake line burst spewing the fluid and making brake lever move freely. Not that big of a deal, except it happened when doing some trails and I was about to go into the trees near the top of a steep hill. I pulled the clutch and slammed on the front brake and it gave out. Started to roll backwards and fell down the long way to the ground. Bike landed on my leg but I got out lucky. Just a bruise. Here come the braided. Knew thy were better but now I know why. Keeps the tube from expanding (and exploding) which makes for quicker and stronger braking response. Man was it sketchy getting it down the rest of the hills with no front brake.

Isn't that a steel braided line? Its certainly not the stock rubber. What brand is it and how old?

I bought it used with that on there. I know it is steel and weaved but it didn't look like the HEL braided lines I've been looKing at so I wasn't sure if it was the real deal. It's an 06 S so they could be a few years old.

route it differently, or get it a bit longer.

how does the fork look?

something has been working that line.

and yes, thats an SS line.

The fork is fine. I think getting it a tad bit longer is a great idea. Less tension and rubbing. Thanks cause I'm just about to order.

I bought it used with that on there. I know it is steel and weaved but it didn't look like the HEL braided lines I've been looKing at so I wasn't sure if it was the real deal. It's an 06 S so they could be a few years old.

I just ordered a set of HEL lines too :thumbsup:

I guess it couldn't handle the pressure :thumbsup: But seriously, glad that no one was hurt because of that failure.

Yeah it was close. It landed on my left leg and I was mostly scared of the chain tearing me up. When I fell I didnt flail my arms or anything I just went with it so I actually realized I had the clutch still pulled in after i landed and killed the engine. When my buddy ran up my instinct was to tell him what went wrong. I said my "brake broke" but through my full shield arai helmet all he heard was "my leg broke". Funny now. I also learned how damn heavy tHe Z really is as we had to push it the rest of the way up that one hill. Shes a beast. Coming down after was scarier than the fall. :thumbsup:

- HEL - I think are the best,,, lifetime warrenty,,, any color ends, any color bolts, any color hose line, any lenght, and they can put the extra HD clear casing over any part of the hose, for example: Rear brake upgrade with HEL brake lines,,, :thumbsup:

http://youtu.be/JFtGusasqf8

- HEL - I think are the best,,, lifetime warrenty,,, any color ends, any color bolts, any color hose line, any lenght, and they can put the extra HD clear casing over any part of the hose, for example: Rear brake upgrade with HEL brake lines,,, :thumbsup:

http://youtu.be/JFtGusasqf8

Holy Shiite!!! That is all.