cnc flag mount/ axle block "pic"

im making a cnc billet flag mount/ axle block

give me some feed back, what do you think?

DSCN0458.jpg

Looks cool to me! I would never take a bike to the dunes but if I did I think it looks like you have a nice product to take to market.

Joe

thanks

Looks good. How long is your flag pole? doesn't the flag have to be 8' or higher? That's how it is in Oregon and the standard flag won't be that high if mounted off the axle. That's where I put mine, but I only ride the dunes ~3 times per year so I'm not that concerned.

ya its about 8ft, in michigan it has 2 be 8ft

it looks good but when I went to the dunes I had my flag mounted in the same place and the flags kept breakin off (went through 4 flags that weekend) theirs too much movement on the swing arm so my next one mounted behind the seat off the seat bolt and that worked great.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193718&page=2

That product looks good but would need to compete against a $10.00 equal funtioning product. I bring a pack of 5 two wheelers to the dunes and have tried all the variations of mounts. We all drill a hole in the fender now and mount the $3.00 fitting. I would like a product to come straight back from the muffler bracket with a quick fitting flag pole fitting. I would pay $20.00 for that.

That product looks good but would need to compete against a $10.00 equal funtioning product. I bring a pack of 5 two wheelers to the dunes and have tried all the variations of mounts. We all drill a hole in the fender now and mount the $3.00 fitting. I would like a product to come straight back from the muffler bracket with a quick fitting flag pole fitting. I would pay $20.00 for that.

how about $35.00

http://www.hrfpowersports.com/HRF-Sand-SuperStore-HONDA-CRF450R-2009-2010-WHIP-MOUNT-detail.htm?productId=-285117

it looks good but when I went to the dunes I had my flag mounted in the same place and the flags kept breakin off (went through 4 flags that weekend) theirs too much movement on the swing arm so my next one mounted behind the seat off the seat bolt and that worked great.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193718&page=2

Yes. The axle is not the place to mount the flag on a bike. That will make a bitchen looking bottle opener with a little tweaking, though.

iv been to glamis and i saw the flags there and there a way smaller diamiter than what i use at silver lake. i have never broke one before i used to use a piece of 2.5 inch angle iron about 1/8'' thick and just twisted the heck out of it so thats y i made this one, if you had a flag like mine that is .5'' thick at the bottom and .25'' thick at the top you would have noo problem

also my part is 1/2'' thick for the axle block and 1'' thick for the flag mount. its made out of a solid peice of aluminum. theres no space for it to bend or break.

ive never had either of those problems with mine.

ive never had either of those problems with mine.

well what size diameter flag do you use?

I wasn't aware there were different diameters, I thought they were all pretty standard. I would guess a 1/4" diameter fiberglass whip.

I even have one of these cheezy things for my CR500 and I havent managed to damage it.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=55&navTitle=ATV+Parts&webCatId=24&prodFamilyId=7011[/quote/]

i use a 1/2'' thick flag that is 8ft tall, and it bent the hell out of a 1/4 thick 2.5in long angle iron that i just cut up and drilled 2 holes in for my axle and flage.

I just use an old POS fender and put the big ass bolt with the hole drilled through it crooked right through the fender.

I just use an old POS fender and put the big ass bolt with the hole drilled through it crooked right through the fender.

ya, i dont like the idea of drillin into my fender but good idea

2.5 is the length from the 90degree bend to the ege of the stock