custom 82 xt 550 guru needed

let me start off by saying i am new to the forum, alot of great storys and great addvise. my problem right now is i have an 82 xt550 motor in an 85 honda 200x 3 wheeler frame, it runs and is scary, iv had a few problems i am currently working out i am looking for someone i can get help from regarding this motor. right now my biggest problem is im not getting my oil into the motor, i have an oil tank like a harley that was custom built under the seat of the 3 wheeler. i drained the oil and put the recomended 2.1 qts in and it isnt going into the motor from the tank. i thought it wasnt so i pulled the drain plug and am getting no oil in the motor. the oil is just sitting in the tank, any addvise? what am i doing wrong any help would be much appriciated. thank you.

Do you have a death wish? They banned 3 wheelers for a reason, you know. Is that motor a "dry sump" motor ? I think that has something to do with it if the 82 xt550 was the kind where you put the oil in the frame? (Like an xr650L)

yupp the oil goes into the frame, but i got it last night i needed to bleed the oil filter cause it wasnt changed at the time, DEATH WISH? hahahah nah man i love life. but this will get ya good, im 21 5'7 and only weigh about 115lbs. lol the bike the motor was in ran good but threw me around like no other, so had an idea to get back at all those 450 4 stroke riders, lol and the only reason they where banned is cause they actually take a little bit of skill to ride....lol