US dealers/sellers that will export DRZ400SM

I'm located in Cambodia, Sth East Asia, and looking to import a new or near new DRZ400SM

Has anyone had one exported from a dealer or private seller in the USA ?

The US prices for new and slightly used are pretty good right now, especially the 2009 models with the $1000 cashback. Plus I'm Australian and the AUD/USD exchange rate is very favorable for me atm.

Ideally I'd like to buy new, have it registered in my name, and put back in its crate ready for my selected shipper to pickup.

Alternatively, an as new very low mileage bike from a reputable source would also be good.

Obviously, I want to organize everything online or by courier as flying to the US to make the deal would add too much expense.

Any advice/info would be appreciated.

Why not buy one in Japan, ship it to China and ride back? May be easier than via the US but could be a little more expensive.

Why not buy one in Japan, ship it to China and ride back? May be easier than via the US but could be a little more expensive.

Japan is an option but I have no idea what the prices are there, or the paperwork requirements.

I note your location is Japan. How do the prices compare to US for new and used bikes ?

I know of one person (a Brit) who bought a Harley from the US and had it shipped to Thailand on temporary import (ie had the bike registered in his name in the USA). He did it all online from Thailand.

Therefore I know it can be done, but don't who in the US will do it for a DRZ.

Not sure how the prices in Japan compare to the US, but check these links out, first one for used bikes on the popular Yahoo auction, the second one from bike shops (hope they work):

http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=dr-z&auccat=2084008685&aq=-1&oq=&ei=UTF-8&tab_ex=commerce&slider=0

http://www.goobike.com/bike/suzuki.html

The paperwork isn`t difficult here for people that live here, but not sure how it would be for someone in your situation.

Thx

I browsed thru those two websites and the prices are quite a bit more than the USA. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Does suzuki still make the drz400sm? I thought it ceased production in 2009 due to emissions?

Or is that just Europe?

Does suzuki still make the drz400sm? I thought it ceased production in 2009 due to emissions?

Or is that just Europe?

Only to European Union..:thumbsup:

Only to European Union..:thumbsup:

effing europe sticking its nose in with stupid regs again!

Surfed around and found some guys who are riding out of Cambodia and Vietnam...couple DRZ guys. One guy is claiming 100% import tax on new equipment...not sure. Sounds like a few of them are Aussie. Could be you actually... Good luck.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358842

I'm located in Cambodia, Sth East Asia, and looking to import a new or near new DRZ400SM

Has anyone had one exported from a dealer or private seller in the USA ?

The US prices for new and slightly used are pretty good right now, especially the 2009 models with the $1000 cashback. Plus I'm Australian and the AUD/USD exchange rate is very favorable for me atm.

Ideally I'd like to buy new, have it registered in my name, and put back in its crate ready for my selected shipper to pickup.

Alternatively, an as new very low mileage bike from a reputable source would also be good.

Obviously, I want to organize everything online or by courier as flying to the US to make the deal would add too much expense.

Any advice/info would be appreciated.

Have you thought about importing a "Real E" from Australia??

Have you thought about importing a "Real E" from Australia??

Nope

Already got two modded S's

Intend to sell one S and replace it with a new or near new SM.

What part of Cambodia? Curious what you're doing there. I've been doing a ton of research on Cambodia.

This guy has a '09 for sale in Northern Thailand.

http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/threads/34535-Suzuki-drz400sm-09-model

I'm in Sihanoukville on the coast.

Yep, saw the SM in the link you provided.

Sounds OK but the asking price is equivalent to $6k plus it would cost me another $1k to get it legal in Cambodia. Probably a reasonable deal for someone living in Thailand.

Back to the original question, any dealers/sellers in the US that would crate one up for me and register it my name ?

Hard to believe their are no dealers on this forum that could answer your question.

No dealer is going to get involved.

You need an independant shop or a good friend to handle it. The bike must be bought, preferably in a state with no sales tax.

You will need to sign for it, and have the MSO changed over to a title in your name. Then have it crated and shipped. The crating and shipping is easy as there are quite a few companies that do this.

if i worked in a suzuki dealer still,no problem. did it all the time. now i dont have any recomendation.

Around 2 years ago one of the main dealers in Brisbane, Australia agreed to do it for me.

They would do the pre delivery check, re-crate it, and drop the crate off at the freight forwarders depot.

Australian DRZ prices and exchange rate were favorable in 2009 but not now.

US prices are now much cheaper, probably the cheapest anywhere.

I've read of some US TT members picking up new 2009 models for $5-$5.5k OTD after the $1k cashback deal.

if i worked in a suzuki dealer still,no problem. did it all the time. now i dont have any recomendation.

Pity you still didn't do it, I could've requested one fitted with BB and hotcams as well...

Bike doesn't have to be brand new, a very low mileage one from a reputable source is also an option.

Hard to believe their are no dealers on this forum that could answer your question.

or non US TT members that have already done it.

Around 2 years ago one of the main dealers in

I've read of some US TT members picking up new 2009 models for $5-$5.5k OTD after the $1k cashback deal.

Wow ! $5k is something like €3300 right now , the price for a used drz400sm '05 to '08 is about €2800 to €4000...