Sign in to follow this  

1980 suzuki ts250

im thinking about buying a suzuki ts250 for around 500 bucks the guy said it was running a couple years ago but needs some work. im pretty handy and already restored a 76 mr175 elsinore but i was wondering if anyone who has owned this bike and knows if there are any major problems or anything to look for and if this is a good price for the bike. oh and since it is a two stroke can it still be made street legal? thanks!

:thumbsup:

im thinking about buying a suzuki ts250 for around 500 bucks the guy said it was running a couple years ago but needs some work. im pretty handy and already restored a 76 mr175 elsinore but i was wondering if anyone who has owned this bike and knows if there are any major problems or anything to look for and if this is a good price for the bike. oh and since it is a two stroke can it still be made street legal? thanks!

:thumbsup:

You would be a lot better off posting this in the Vintage or Suzuki Two-Stroke forums. :thumbsup: Good luck with your project. I bought (OK, my parents actually bought it) a brand new 73 TS250 in late 72 and road the wheels off the thing. It never let me down.

the ts were great bikes they came street legal so make sure he has a title and you are good to go. should be a great bike clean the carb clean her up change oil,grease and have a good time

The TS250 was a good street legal bike, but $500 is to much to pay for a non runner. Engine seals will have to be replaced. Offer him $100-$150.