Husqvarna te250 problems with stator and rotor not starting!

Hi guys,

I have a 2003 husky te250 and im having problems starting it...

Ok so,

We had the side cover off where the stator and rotor are located and when we put the stator back we omitted the two screws that hold the stator in place.

The engine started fine and ran well as usual and then suddenly stopped. We took the side cover and found that stator had damaged the rotor (outer flywheel). There was damage to the rotor but not the stator. The damage seemed minor to the rotor but had put small gashes in it but the stator was fine and tested with a multimeter.

We resembled everything after cleaning it up, and proceeded to start the engine. Engine would not fire but after removing the spark plug it showed we still had a strong spark indicating the ignition system was ok.

Can anyone tell us why the bike wont start, or weather or not the ignition timing has been altered firing the spark plug at the incorrect time not allowing the bike start?

Hi guys,

I have a 2003 husky te250 and im having problems starting it...

Ok so,

We had the side cover off where the stator and rotor are located and when we put the stator back we omitted the two screws that hold the stator in place.

The engine started fine and ran well as usual and then suddenly stopped. We took the side cover and found that stator had damaged the rotor (outer flywheel). There was damage to the rotor but not the stator. The damage seemed minor to the rotor but had put small gashes in it but the stator was fine and tested with a multimeter.

We resembled everything after cleaning it up, and proceeded to start the engine. Engine would not fire but after removing the spark plug it showed we still had a strong spark indicating the ignition system was ok.

Can anyone tell us why the bike wont start, or weather or not the ignition timing has been altered firing the spark plug at the incorrect time not allowing the bike start?

You will get more response here...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79

or here...

http://www.cafehusky.com/

As for your problem check to see if when the stator crashed into the flywheel it did not shear the woodruff key (that indexes the flywheel) and threw it off time. You would have spark but not at the right time for the bike to run right or at all. have seen this more than once.

This thread must have been moved into this forum... ha! Your linking back to the same forum Kelly! :thumbsup:

Was originally in the exotic forum where i replied. :thumbsup:

Aha! Do you actually work or just spend all day on these forums.. :thumbsup: Anyways, back to the OPs question.

hey sorry guys was wondering why husky wasnt in the exotic section must have skipped the husky one...

anyone got any idea's?

LOL, I am guilty of having moved this thread....

Regarding your stator. You have a strong spark, good. But the bike does not start, bad.

Because the bike ran fine for a bit then stopped and you found minor damage, this leads me to think that the stator and/or crank position sensor is not in the correct location relative to the flywheel. So if you know the stator plate is not damaged and is assembled correctly (I assume you did not remove and coils or remove and wires from plugs) the next logical thing to check is the flywheel key and (correct me if I am wrong) that the magnets did not move.