pick it up!!

dudes i was at my local track the other day at it was a swamp. it had 17 mm of rain so yeah that explaines it. anyways i spun out and went down, and pretty much the whole throttle side of the handlebars was burried in mud. im only just 15 and small for my age so im pretty weak, and i have a yz250f. i had to get someone else to pick the bike up out of the mud. any other time it falls over im able to pick it up but not this time. anyways what are some exercises i can do to improve the strength that i would need to get myself out of that situation. thanks.

I say one good exercise to do is dead lifts....This will give your overall body strengh....So go to the gym and pump some iron...:thumbsup:

I'm 15 and I lift ALOT! I have to for football, I can bench 230 at max, and can squat 600. Start with upper body and core. So start benching and start curling, this will give you biceps and pectorial muscles. You don't have to be able to do alot, just reps that count, so don't go trying to bench 200lbs the first time you go, just do the bar, then add on 5 pounds at a time, and start out and 8lbs dumbell's. Trust me if you work out 3 times a week for a month, you will look brand new, and feel like a monster!

I say one good exercise to do is dead lifts....This will give your overall body strengh....So go to the gym and pump some iron...:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Also, make sure you aren't trying to pull it up with your feet on the same side as where the tires are laying. Get on the other side, get down, get a good grip, and use your legs to push it up. Use your boots to kick the mud down around your handlebars. I'm also 15, and though not small anymore, I was 14 when I first got my 250f, and had some of the same problems, but I taught myself some technique. Hope this helps.

Getting stronger will help a lot; squats, dead lift and bench press are the foundation of any decent strength training plan.

You can also use the method of lifting a bike that the street bike guys use, which relies on leg strength rather than arm & back strenth common to how most guys pickup a dirt bike. Here's an example