Will a Teraflex 140/80 Tire fit my XR650L ?

Can someone tell me if the Teraflex 140/80 will fit my XR650L ?

yes.

May hit the chain guard.

It will clear the metal tab that the chain guard slides over, but mud, sticks, or a rock might hit it and rip it off.

Dave

Will also slightly rub against the mud flap - but not too bad.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=91164

Thanks Guys

:thumbsup: Yup!!

BRPPics001.jpg

I see in both cases you guys that posted pictures both have your chain guard removed. Does this mean you had to remove it?

I see in both cases you guys that posted pictures both have your chain guard removed. Does this mean you had to remove it?

I removed mine a long time ago just because I didn't like it.

yeah but does it get in the way of this tire if I want to keep mine?

with a tire that big do you feel any difference compared to a 120/90/18? turning, wheelie, overall handling.

yeah but does it get in the way of this tire if I want to keep mine?

Probably. There's not much clearance.

with a tire that big do you feel any difference compared to a 120/90/18? turning, wheelie, overall handling.

On the street, there is no difference that I can tell, except that it's like riding on ball bearings until it gets scuffed in. Off-road, the back end feels heavier but it hooks up and goes!

Had a 140/80 teraflex on my cr250 and it cleard, dont see much of a problem on a xr650.

I know this doesn't answer the original posted question, but the IRC M5B 140/80 18 is a great hook up tire in the soft single track stuff!

You might be able to get away with trimming the bottom edge, to help with clearance issues. Mine was a little distorted so I just left it off.

I am sure it turns a little slower in the tight stuff, but that is not what this tire is designed for. It does take a little getting used to, it will raise the back end up higher, and if you spend much time offroad, you don't want stock gearing. I found pulling a wheelie much easier, especially in the dirt because you will always get traction. This is not the tire you want if you do most of your riding on pavement, but if you ride soft sand, deep mud, or are just having a traction issue on any terrain, this is the tire you want.

The most important thing you will learn with this tire, is to make sure you are pointed in the right direction when you nail the throttle, because it will hook up. I learned that one the hard way.:thumbsup: Ever seen a Pig climb a tree??

The big heavy tire will take 2 to 3 more HP. to turn over and of course consume more fuel on the street.

The lighter the rear wheel the faster your bike will accelerate.

I agree that it looks better without the chain guard but my son comes with me quite often and I was afraid to take it off in case he gets caught in the chain somehow. LOL

chain guards are meant for chineese bikes. ditch it.

I think the chain guard does help keep crap off the chain, but if it's going to get in the way of a sweet tire, off it goes.

Dave

You might be able to get away with trimming the bottom edge, to help with clearance issues. Mine was a little distorted so I just left it off.

I am sure it turns a little slower in the tight stuff, but that is not what this tire is designed for. It does take a little getting used to, it will raise the back end up higher, and if you spend much time offroad, you don't want stock gearing. I found pulling a wheelie much easier, especially in the dirt because you will always get traction. This is not the tire you want if you do most of your riding on pavement, but if you ride soft sand, deep mud, or are just having a traction issue on any terrain, this is the tire you want.

The most important thing you will learn with this tire, is to make sure you are pointed in the right direction when you nail the throttle, because it will hook up. I learned that one the hard way.:thumbsup: Ever seen a Pig climb a tree??

that tire looks like it would deffinately hook up well in the dirt. i'm use to using the mt21 or the d606 and they get good traction especially the mt21, but still leaves something to be desired. these bikes have a lot of power and sometimes the traction isn't always there with so much of it.