drz 400s or wr250r which one to buy

I am looking at purchasing one of these bikes and want to know the pros and cons ? I like the drz because it has more power but can you really feel the difference between the two with the added weight of the drz I ride 70%roads and 30 sand pits,trails

- good question: the best price on a wr 250 r and and it is a 2008 in Pa, is $ 4,999,99 ( the last 2008 on on earth ) so, out the door, to your house, the bend-over price about $6,000.00 tax, title, shipping, ect. I am doing a build,2002, perfect frame, painted black-out with EFFET shifting color, in the sun color goes from black to red,orange, green, blue. then adorn with carbon fiber and titanium, the forks, rear swing arm, rear sub-frame,,, all 0-mile stuff on-line "NEW" we will see if we can make I custom drz for the 250 price,,,

if you doing 70 to 90% off road I would say 250, but for 60% or more on road and/or adventure turing, I would say drz The drz is a pig on some single-track stuff,,, but it very light weight for real dualsport, adventure touring.

http://youtu.be/G_EE_n4maK4?hd=1

I am 6.1'' and I had a yzf426 befor

I am looking at purchasing one of these bikes and want to know the pros and cons ? I like the drz because it has more power but can you really feel the difference between the two with the added weight of the drz I ride 70%roads and 30 sand pits,trails

I have had both bikes. Being that you ride 70% roads the DRZ is the better choice. The yellow bike is heavier and requires a lot more throttle to do the same as the Wr. Installing several mods like pipe and opening up the air box, installing dirt tires will yield a more fun DRZ. (On a side note always install a top of the line battery they carry more juice and better cranking power, due to no kickstarter.) I had a Clarke tank installed on mine and even filling it half full the it still seemed top heavy. From what I have read even changing the carb will make the bike more respondsive. The blue bike is a lot lighter and more nimble. I used the WR to explore tight single track trails in Northern Calif. It was lousy on long up hills without clutching. I found that once I rode the WR for 15 minutes I adjusted all the time it made me smile. I am not one to ride in the upper third of the powerband by any means, but on the WR250 I did and it responded just like a big bore would and does. I enjoyed this bike very much, but I grew out of it and my riding area changed.

Keep in mind when you choose, roads = DRZ. Tight single track or play riding in the forest = Wr. Sand = more power the better.

If you buy a DRZ, and do not do the mods, do not, do not ride your buddies 450 otherwise you will be bike shopping again.

Have fun with which ever to choose.