Sign in to follow this  

Case saver with 15 tooth CS...

I put a 15 tooth CS on my E. The stock case saver, or chain guard, whatever you call it, didn't fit. So, I picked up an 06 SM chain guard, and it still doesn't fit. It is tight up against the chain.

What am I doing wrong? Right now, I don't have any protection if the chain snaps, but it's at the correct tension, and it's brand new.

Thanks,

Steve

Original E bikes came with a case saver marked "14" and fit only 14 and smaller. S and SM come with a "15" case saver. My experience is only the "15" is available as a service replacement. I can't explain how you were able to buy a case saver for a SM that does not fit. Talk to your Suzuki dealer where you bought it. I bought an S saver for my E when I put on a 15 sprocket.

The "14" case saver can be ground to fit if that becomes your only option.

Original E bikes came with a case saver marked "14" and fit only 14 and smaller. S and SM come with a "15" case saver. My experience is only the "15" is available as a service replacement. I can't explain how you were able to buy a case saver for a SM that does not fit. Talk to your Suzuki dealer where you bought it. I bought an S saver for my E when I put on a 15 sprocket.

The "14" case saver can be ground to fit if that becomes your only option.

exactly as Noble said :thumbsup: +1