how have TT members helped you?

This is a thread where we can talk about how our fellow TT'ers have helped us on/with various problems with our bikes. Talk about anything that you have been helped with or have been able to accomplish because of the members on this site.

Go ahead and post anything you want. i hope this thread gets alot of replies :thumbsup:

great help with jetting issues and deciding what bike to pick,help getting the bugs worked out of the old starter bikes my kids are riding from the vintage forum and some pretty good entertainment as well lol

Amazing help with my first top end :thumbsup:

Got both my XR50s running tops by reading carb tuning recommendations from our members. Everytime I get a new bike, it gets tuned & tweaked based upon feedback from the current owners on the site. So over the years, many, many times.

I've had many people help me on the DRZ forum with mod suggestions for performance and reliability. We are very lucky to have people like Eddie Sisneros and others on there who selflessly give a lot of time to us.

I've had many people help me on the DRZ forum with mod suggestions for performance and reliability. We are very lucky to have people like Eddie Sisneros and others on there who selflessly give a lot of time to us.

i think that is the most impressive thing in my opinion is that people give there time willingly to help you

lots of help about gear, and general dirtbike questions get answered in a hurry!! love this site!

Well,With any question i have,there is always someone who can answer! And i have learned alot from this site!!also...I have a major yz250f project going on and im "in a whole" with the project. So a fellow TT member sent me some stuff he had left over that im going to run. He even let shipping on my end go,it was all free!he Saved me about $50 which is a major help!!:thumbsup:

Edited by howard113
Well,With any question i have,there is always someone who can answer! And i have learned alot form this site!!also...I have a major yz250f project going on and im "in a whole" with the project. So a fellow TT member sent me some stuff he had left over that im going to run. He even let shipping on my end go,it was all free!he Saved me about $50 which is a major help!!:thumbsup:

wow thats pretty cool of someone to hook you up like that

TTers got me off my butt.

My aggressive riding days are behind me (too banged up-from sking!). I forgot 99% of what I once knew about bikes. Thanks to a bunch of smart people, I have regained 50% of my knowledge.

Sadly, I returned to collecting bikes. Every time I see on that I like, I have to get it and completely mod it, to the point I cannot afford to sell it. Then another one comes along... Ooooo....pretty...... So you guys owe me a lot of money.

TT is my go-to when working on an unfamiliar ride, search engine and a large database of previous posts is my best research tool.

Makes me look like a really know my stuff! :thumbsup:

TT is my go-to when working on an unfamiliar ride, search engine and a large database of previous posts is my best research tool.

Makes me look like a really know my stuff! :thumbsup:

A TT member (GOOSE 07 YZ450F) sent me a drill bit and a ball bearing to do a mod to my YZ at his expense. I did the mod and sent the bit back, good guy.

I bought my KLX 300 in March and it looked like this.

010-2.jpg

Thanks to some very affordable radiator shrouds with no cracks and factory graphics from KLXChrisE and a sweet seat cover from Varndito for about half what a new one would cost, it now looks like this!!!

After2.jpg

Both were very cool TT members who were willing to go out of their way to help.:thumbsup:

good stuff so far!

Back in late 05 when I moved to Oregon, I knew nobody and no places to ride. Found TT and asked, got seperate invites to join Forestgrump, FlyingW, ExploringWA, and others to ride with them and learn the turf. :thumbsup:

I still blame UnkleGeorge for getting me hooked on the orange kool-aid. :thumbsup:

when my bike seized way up in the mountains a tt'er i'd never met before went in with me and helped me bulldog, tow, push, and curse it back to the truck. plus help with topend questions, water pump questions, and home plumbing questions. good group overall.

many things on line from simple questions to all out arguments about 2v4

in person i had a member block a jump face after i high sided.

Oh, I forgot. I had a fellow TT'er go and look at a bike for me. I trusted his judgement, bought it sight unseen and it turned out great. He even drove the bike from Sac to LA, meeting him there from San Diego (he was going to Disney). Great TT'er. :thumbsup:

If it wasn't for Carver's timing thread in the Yamaha 2 stroke section and his taking the time offline to help me get it sorted out, my YZ250 would have a "For Sale" sign on it. Carver is the man! :thumbsup: