EXP vs. HINSON standard setup with hydro. clutch

I've been contemplating getting a Core EXP, heard some good things about it. But was wondering if I had a full Hinson clutch with hydraulic clutch would that be just as good or perhaps better? I know it's kinda like comparing apples and oranges, but which would be better for MX. Any advice appreciated.:thumbsup:

On a side note, I have an issue with my left "bird" finger that makes it hard to bend. I broke it about 12 years ago and it never worked the same again. I've been riding pretty good with it, but I do believe it makes clutch pull more difficult. Would this make the auto clutch a better option? It's not slowing me down much, but I do notice I get blisters worse on my left hand.

well the hinson setup is just going to be a smooth bullet proof clutch the EXP core Rekluse is a super smooth auto clutch that can work like a stock clutch

you cant goe wrong with the rekluse its the best 4stroke mod ever!

Ok, thanks, want to pull the trigger on it, but wish I had a few more positive reviews. At $900 it better be good. Another thing holding me back is the thought of it going on sale soon, surely it will come down eventually.

I would just keep an eye out for a used one if the price is holding you back. I waited (somewhat impatiently) for one to pop up for sale on TT. Sure enough a few months back, like new z-Start Pro for $300... jumped on it. Best mod I've ever done.

Ok, thanks, want to pull the trigger on it, but wish I had a few more positive reviews. At $900 it better be good. Another thing holding me back is the thought of it going on sale soon, surely it will come down eventually.

Havre u seen my write up I have done on the exp core?

They prolly wont come down in price because I paid close to what they r at now in 09 and they just relesed the 2.0 technology last month. So the price is prolly gonna stay.

For what u get in performance and quality the price is well worth it.

Yes, I read it. Sounds awesome, fo sho.:thumbsup: I just talked to Rekluse, great customer support. They mentioned that you can purchase just the engagement mechanism, I think he called it just EXP for $399 and it works with the existing clutch components. $500 cheaper. He did say that the clutch pull is harder than the complete system, but it sounds like you really don't need the clutch much anyway. I've got a fresh clutch so I might go this route.

He also said that they offer an upgrade kit so I could get the EXP for $399 and then upgrade to a full core EXP for $529.

Yes, I read it. Sounds awesome, fo sho.:thumbsup: I just talked to Rekluse, great customer support. They mentioned that you can purchase just the engagement mechanism, I think he called it just EXP for $399 and it works with the existing clutch components. $500 cheaper. He did say that the clutch pull is harder than the complete system, but it sounds like you really don't need the clutch much anyway. I've got a fresh clutch so I might go this route.

He also said that they offer an upgrade kit so I could get the EXP for $399 and then upgrade to a full core EXP for $529.

ya the EXP core kit it the top of the line , you will still get great performance out of the EXP

http://rekluse.mybigcommerce.com/products/CRF450R-02%252d08-Rekluse-EXP-clutch.html

Hmmm, decisions decisions. Matt, does the EXP make it easier to crank while in gear? I don't suppose I would ever need to since it is supposed to be really hard to stall. Also, can you roll the bike with it in gear and the engine off?

I also have found some places that offer it for like $869 which would save me about $40, but not sure if I would get the same customer support, warranty, etc. I guess I could call Rekluse back and find out. I also asked them if it was the 2.0 version and they said it was but I really want to be sure they're not just trying to pass a 1.0 off as the newer version. The part number is RMS-7713a which they said is the 2.0. Does anybody know if this is true.

Edit: I may have just answered my own question. According to the Rekluse website the part # ends with a b now instead of an a. I guess that signifies the 2.0 instead of the 1.0, but even the rekluse site doesn't specify wether it is a 1.0 or 2.0. I guess they're trying to let all of their distributors get rid of all the 1.0's before they do too much horn tooting about the 2.0.

If you want to save a lot of money and have more features check out the dynaring by revloc. I have it in my crf and it works great. Stock clutch pull but you never have to touch it..

I got mine for $360 shipped and it does everything the reklusr does. easy clutch pull can bump start no stalling easy to adjust and 100% override if you ever need.

Hmmm, decisions decisions. Matt, does the EXP make it easier to crank while in gear? I don't suppose I would ever need to since it is supposed to be really hard to stall. Also, can you roll the bike with it in gear and the engine off?

I also have found some places that offer it for like $869 which would save me about $40, but not sure if I would get the same customer support, warranty, etc. I guess I could call Rekluse back and find out. I also asked them if it was the 2.0 version and they said it was but I really want to be sure they're not just trying to pass a 1.0 off as the newer version. The part number is RMS-7713a which they said is the 2.0. Does anybody know if this is true.

Edit: I may have just answered my own question. According to the Rekluse website the part # ends with a b now instead of an a. I guess that signifies the 2.0 instead of the 1.0, but even the rekluse site doesn't specify wether it is a 1.0 or 2.0. I guess they're trying to let all of their distributors get rid of all the 1.0's before they do too much horn tooting about the 2.0.

the bike starts super easy there is a lot less drag on the clutch when u kick it over with the lever in, its allmost like starting in Nutral.

The EXP can and does everything that the Revlock does, the better part about the EXP is that you can upgrade it to the CORE later if u feel the need.

See for yourself. Ride with one of our Rekluse auto-clutches in your bike, on your terrain, in the conditions that you are familiar with, and if after riding you do not agree that it has significantly improved your riding performance and fun factor we will refund your full purchase price upon return of our product within the first 30 days of purchase.** from rekluse ** 30 day money back guarantee

here they have it for $379

http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/24_39/products_id/4074

myself would spend the little extra and go through Rekluse direct and they will be real good to you when ordering extra or replacement parts.

they are giving me a great deal on the 2.0 upgrade for my EXP CORE system when i get healed from my acl surgery

Edited by mattmoto441