Sign in to follow this  

tech 7 vs tech 8

Whats the difference between the tech 7 and tech 8 boot? besides the inner bootie and stitched sole. I'm looking for new boots and have found a couple of good deals on the 7's, trying to figure out if it's worth the extra to get the 8's. Anything will be better than what I have, using Oneil Element boots that are too big and too wide, now that I have all my other armor, time to upgrade the boots. I'd really like the SIDI crossfires but price is an issue. If possible i'd like something in the 200-300 range, but if i can go cheaper that would be great (like eBay for $100 :thumbsup:

I have a pair of Tech 7 and hate them; stiff like a ski boot so almost impossible to walk, slippery soles, toe box too thick for shifting, sole too rigid to feel the brake pedal, and last the upper boot is not big enough for knee pads. Oh I forgot, they leak like a sieve. The protection might be good for MX but too much of a compromise for trail riding.

I have Sidi Crossfires and IMO, except for the no lug sole, they are the best boot for trail riding AND foot protection. I have two pairs of Gaerne leather boots with lug soles and IMO they are the best boot for trail riding but don't offer as much foot protection as the plastic boots like the Crossfires or Tech 7s. I bought my Crossfires used on eBay and the size matches my street shoes.

I tried the crossfires on at the store ad loved them, but I havent found a pair in a size 11.5 used, the cheapest i've seen them is $450

How is the sizing on the garenes? I havent found them in the area so i can't try them on. i need a 11.5 in sidi or 12 in astars. I wear military combat boots on the streetbike and they are an 11

what size are you looking at ? I have some tech 3's and tech 8's that are almost new that were just outgrown. My kids feet grow faster than weeds.

PM me with a size if you are interested and I can send you some pictures.

im so tired of people recommending gaerne when the post is about alpinestar.. Shove ur gaernes.. They might be great boots, but its not much different than u trying to shove a honda down my throat when im asking about a kawi.

im so tired of people recommending gaerne when the post is about alpinestar.. Shove ur gaernes.. They might be great boots, but its not much different than u trying to shove a honda down my throat when im asking about a kawi.

The op didn't seem to mind.

If you are worried about sizing for the gaenre just check the euro size in your shoe. I wear a size 12 shoe and the 12 gaerne's fit great.